DISH Playmaker use at a condo

saguaro

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Oro Valley, AZ
Wife and I are planning our move to a condominium. It has a south-facing veranda, and wired Comcast service is included with the condo. Satellite dishes aren’t allowed. I don’t want Comcast, and would like to move our current DISH setup and service plan there. We have a Hopper-with-Sling plus one Joey. I think the condo management would agree to my use of a DISH Playmaker on the veranda. I don't have an RV, so I might not qualify for using this antenna. If I ran the cable through a window or door, would my current setup work with a Playmaker?

The Playmaker will only look at one satellite at a time. Your Hopper has multiple tuners which may use more than one satellite at a time. Simple answer, no it is not compatible.

On Edit: The Playmaker requires that the receiver have a certain firmware set to use it. That firmware is found in VIP 211, 411 and Wally receivers, but not in a Hopper.

And if you see a 411 in the wild- shoot it!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

Wife and I are planning our move to a condominium. It has a south-facing veranda, and wired Comcast service is included with the condo. Satellite dishes aren’t allowed. I don’t want Comcast, and would like to move our current DISH setup and service plan there. We have a Hopper-with-Sling plus one Joey. I think the condo management would agree to my use of a DISH Playmaker on the veranda. I don't have an RV, so I might not qualify for using this antenna. If I ran the cable through a window or door, would my current setup work with a Playmaker?
There is Federal law that makes it impossible for condo associations to prohibit satellite dishes, as long as they are installed in an area that is yours (such as a balcony). You cannot install it on property that is common property or owned by the association.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts