Dish Playmaker with Wally Receiver combination

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ken Lynch

Original poster
May 18, 2010
Hudson Valley
I have recently upgrader to the subject combination. When I travel to new locations I am having trouble getting satellite signal lock on any transponders. The Walley will go through the signal acquisition phase but when done it will identify the satellites it has identified but shows no signal strength for any transponder. By moving the Dish Playmaker around and going through the entire boot up of the system I can cause different satellites to be identified but no signal strength is ever shown. However, every once in a while I will catch a break and the Wally will recognize a satellite and lock on the signal of the transponders. But not reliably. If I cause a re-boot of the system because I had to put gas in the generator Wally will fail to lock on all transponders because there is no signal being received. What am I doing wrong?

New Question: Once having done the switch determination portion of the boot up can I skip that portion and go straight to the signal acquisition portion of the boot sequence?

Sorry for your trouble. A few weeks ago I went to Mayhill New Mexico. set up the dish playmaker and my Walley. All went fine for day one. After that I had to rescan several times a day and changing channels took 1 -1 1/2 min. So I gave up. Got home and started checking wish Dish support, Wineguard support. They had me check the power output of my receiver. Need to be between 12-20 volts to power the dish. Stick a paper clip in the coax hook up and check the voltage coming out with volt meter. You can find you tube video if not sure how to check. Anyway mine show 18 + but in a few seconds it show OL. Anyway I went to Camping World and ask how I can get a walley checked out. They adivsed they have no question ask policy. if i have a warranty on it they just swap it out. Luckly that all worked out and I got a new wally, just purchase new warranty on it and it is working find. Mine was only little over year old. Just something to thing about your issue could be the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts