Dish pointing question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robertjp

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 22, 2004
Upstate NY
I am trying to install a dish (direct tv) at my cottage in the woods. Lots of trees. I had it running 2 yrs ago with a signal 60s-80 ish and it worked most of the time. Now I cant get a signal 2 yrs later. Trees taller? Bad LNB? (do they go bad?) bad aim? Im trying to find out what sat. I'm shooting for from zip13679. It was 101 but Im wondering if that changed in the last 2 yrs. I didnt use it last year. I used the sat pointer tool here and it shows alot of direct tv sats from that zip. How do i know which one Im aiming for? Thanks

robertjp said:
I am trying to install a dish (direct tv) at my cottage in the woods. Lots of trees. I had it running 2 yrs ago with a signal 60s-80 ish and it worked most of the time. Now I cant get a signal 2 yrs later. Trees taller? Bad LNB? (do they go bad?) bad aim? Im trying to find out what sat. I'm shooting for from zip13679. It was 101 but Im wondering if that changed in the last 2 yrs. I didnt use it last year. I used the sat pointer tool here and it shows alot of direct tv sats from that zip. How do i know which one Im aiming for? Thanks

You'll need the 101 and LNB's do go bad, it's rare but yes they do bite the dust. As far as trees go odds are without seeing the dish and tree growth I'd say that is a good possibility.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)