Dish Police back in action.

You're right. I never noticed that.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Claude is right there is apparently easy ways to cheat the system. A coworker(who actively account stacks with his brother) was telling me that he was called around a month back and all he did is make sure his brother was home when he called back, then he called the audit dept from his cordless land line and when ever he was not speaking he would put his cordless on mute and when it came time to check the other receivers he sent a quick text from his cell(also on silent) to his brother, and his brother sent him the LID back with no issues, and he passed the audit.
IM on pc/tablet is another way to go.

Hey, with modern technology, this sort of stuff is easy. And, Dish is trying to detect it using stone knives and bear skins.

I have 2 ViP722k's & 1 ViP211k. I usually keep my DVR's & receiver on 205 Fox News. I have noticed however turning on my receiver or DVR's that the channel is turned to 101,is that part of the tests that they do to see if all my DVR's & receiver are in the same place? I'm tempted to just keep my DVR's & receiver on channel 101 when not in use.

Don't think it will have any bearing at all on whether or not you get the call.Your chances are less likely if all receivers are connected to phone or broadband.

Actually,now that I remember,the DVR's seemed to turn on by themselves(during the daytime,my DVR's are scheduled to check for updates at 3am) & then when I checked,they were on channel 101.

Oh wow,I thought you were kidding when you said that Sylvia called you!

She didn't specify a certain time frame to call back,just when I would have the time with no distractions.They do close at 9pm est though.When I returned the call yesterday,she had to read the card,if there are any distractions,any phone beeps,knocks at the door,etc etc,the test could not be completed,and we would have to do it all over again.So make sure you have call waiting disabled,no grand kids,or kids period,running around.My dogs we have chihuahuas in the house got in my way a couple of times lol,but she didn't say anything about me saying move dogs.:D You can hear the phone acting like it's tapped,I thought my wife had picked up the other line a couple of times.Not sure if they are trying to amplify to hear your footsteps or what there.I know they are recording the call,but this sound was different.

Anyway,don't sweat it too bad,try to make sure you have the correct remotes when moving from receiver to receiver.Just be honest,if they act accusatory then you can give them a little attitude.;)

Good luck,I'm sure you'll pass the test just fine.I bet charles will be getting this call very soon.:eek:

Wow that's some Gestapo stuff right there... No I wish I were kidding! Thanks for the heads up. I'll be calling when I get home.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

great. this testing can be done if you're connected online? i don't and won't have a landline.

I have all receivers connected to broadband with the same external IP (since I'm not account stacking) and still got the call. I would think having only two Hoppers would have a lesser chance of getting audited when compared to four, but I dunno.

211s don't work with wifi adapters.

Oh. I don't see why it couldn't though if they made the software to do it. You'd think since they want everything phoning home that they would have implemented that functionality by now.

Should be fun with the Hoppers and Joeys. There is no channel 101....... ;)

Yeah... If they pull any BS on me I might not be a Dish customer anymore... I'll pay the ETF, screw them if they can't figure out how their own equipment works and they get an attitude.

Oh. I don't see why it couldn't though if they made the software to do it. You'd think since they want everything phoning home that they would have implemented that functionality by now.

Yeah no freaking joke....also 211z's, the new 211 doesn't even work with slinglinks....

I have all receivers connected to broadband with the same external IP....
That should generally rule you out as a likely account stacker. Of course, you could share equipment (the 2nd Hopper), ethernet, and/or WiFi with very close neighbors to accomplish this. Yes, I know perfectly well that this is a stretch !!

Customers do not work for Dish. If they say we have to drop what we are doing to jump through some hoops for them, screw-em. They work for me, I don't work for them... just got a ROKU 3 from my kids for Father's Day. Total 'a la carte. Smile. Dish customer since April 1997. But now I am adding up the cost for what I actually get each month.

That should generally rule you out as a likely account stacker. Of course, you could share equipment (the 2nd Hopper), ethernet, and/or WiFi with very close neighbors to accomplish this. Yes, I know perfectly well that this is a stretch !!

There's also VPN... Lol. But they're still after my ass for no good reason! Hopefully it won't be as bad as I am making it out to be though.

I hear that is just one of the reasons that Claude is no longer a dish retailer.

I find that insulting that you would even suggest that I was doing anything illegal with Dish. When I was a retailer I would never imagine ever trying to cheat them or steal from them in any way, and if I knew of something illegal going on I was always the first one to bring it to their attention.

The reason why I am no longer a retailer with them is because Dish is nothing more than a bunch of greedy scumbags and wanted to get out of paying me over 2.5 Million dollars in residuals over the next 5 years.

It was all about the money they had to pay me, nothing more, nothing less.

Troll_Face.png

Keep us posted 3halo.I would also like to hear from any other members that get the dreaded audit call.

Actually, that would be possible with only one Hopper, if the neighbor had a Joey using wi-fi connected to your LAN. I'm just sayin'.

Keep us posted 3halo.I would also like to hear from any other members that get the dreaded audit call.

Well I think I passed. I called back asking for Silvia but got someone else, forgot her name. Anyway she was nice. She asked if I'm on a cordless, I said yes. She said please don't place me on hold during this process. I said Ok. She wanted me to go to 101. Told her I don't have 101. So she said just put it on whatever channel I want. I told her I'd just use 102.

She wanted the receiver number, switch type and location id from each receiver. I complied. I actually muted the phone when I was moving around just because I didn't want her to hear anything "suspicious" even though I have nothing to hide. With all the horror stories I've read throughout the years I wanted to make sure and not give her any reason to screw with me. Line was definitely sounding like there was someone else listening in or something.

Anyway so that's all she wanted were those 3 things from each receiver. Went smooth as something like this can go I suppose. She was nice and didn't make a single accusatory remark. I guess being prepared ahead of time helps. Who knows what would've happened if I couldn't find a remote or something. She said to call 800-333-3474 if I need help. I asked her how often this will occur because I don't usually pick up for 800 numbers, she said shouldn't receive another call again, but I know that anything is possible. Whole process took about 20 minutes, including the time I was on hold waiting for someone to answer.

So I think I passed. I guess the receivers would be shut off by now if I didn't.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)