Dish Positioner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OCGW

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
In Oregon's Rogue Valley
I am looking for a dish positioner for my Visionsat reciever, time to start moving the BUD, I've got the motor set up, but need something to control it... recommendations? I thought I had one (GBOX V3000) coming from an eBay purchase but the supplier ( who is one of the "proud Gold sponsors" of this site) has really poor customer service... (I'm doing my best to be nice here...) and now I'm looking again for a positioner. Anyone got any input?

Last edited:
I do not know what the differences are between a G Box and a V Box. (Looks like they are pretty much the same thing!?!?!?) I bought a V Box on Ebay really reasonable and it was shipped to me fast. Just type "V Box positioner" in the search bar without going through all the categories. I did not hook it up yet due to construction!

Got a V-Box-V slaved to a Coolsat 6000 moving my 10' Unimesh. DiSEqC works like a charm, select sat and dish moves !!! Not so sure of the quality, sent back two DOA 3rd one seems to be OK....

Got a V-Box-V slaved to a Coolsat 6000 moving my 10' Unimesh. DiSEqC works like a charm, select sat and dish moves !!! Not so sure of the quality, sent back two DOA 3rd one seems to be OK....

I have not had much success with the VBox III or VBox V. The VBox V was a replacement they sent me from the factory for the funky VBox III that died after 2 months. The VBox V won't move my Birdview dish at all. I need to get that sent back in and replaced. So far the only good VBoxes I have had are the VBox II, and they aren't manufactured anymore.

On the other hand, the GBox V3000 works exceptionally well. It moves the dish that the VBox V won't budge.

You can read my review of the GBox in the Equipment Review section. :)

Well,
The vendor decided to keep my money and ship me a VBox II without even contacting me. Knowing this is in "Brown's" system due to arrive next Friday I re-read the forums and reviews to confirm why I wanted the V3000 GBox and not the VBox. It appears as though they have sent me an inferior and cheaper product (no offense to those that have this positioner, It seams the V3000 is more stable in it's consistancy). I emailed them and told them to refund all my money (for the THIRD time) and send a call tag for the VBox.

I get so frustrated with companies who have crappy customer service and use business practices that border being fraudulent. Five weeks went by without any response to multiple emails from me as to where my order was. When I finally left Negative feedback and filed a dispute was I contacted by the company and then the next day they shipped out something I didn't order or authorize. A simple response to my email inquiry to the status of the order would have been sufficient in the beginning. They claim they tried to contact me...B.S., and that my money should have been refunded to me weeks ago. So... the next day they shipped out the VBox.

Shame on me for ordering from them again anyway... they did the same thing with a Dish I ordered from them a few months ago. There won't be a third time!

eBay sellers who list items for sale, show quantities in stock, take your money and say nothing are in violation of eBay's and basic business practices.

I'm probably unrealistic about how business should be run. I know I don't list anything on my website for sale I can't produce and ship the next business day.

Back to my original inquiry, does anyone know who might have a V3000 Gbox in stock that I can get a hold of?

I've had the V3000 Gbox for a few months now, it gets daily use and I can say I have had no problems with it, it is solid, accurate and easy to use. I hope you can find one, I know they are scarce right now.

Back to my original inquiry, does anyone know who might have a V3000 Gbox in stock that I can get a hold of?
You should be able to get one from Sadoun. They are one of our sponsors and should have them in stock.

Look at the top of the page for a link to their site. :)

Hi Guys

We are currently out of stock on the GBox V3000. Thanks to your good reports and user experience, this model has been selling well. We are expecting a new shipment end of August. We may have a couple of showroom demo units in stock. If interested, call us and ask the sales-rep about the demo units in the showroom. Don't tell them I told you :D

We still have the Moteck V-Box II in stock: http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Motors/Positioners-controllers-Vbox-Gbox.htm

i have found that my analog receiver can track the satellites more accurately than my v-box 4.

The v-box 4 has to be "re-sync" all the time. satellite positions get off track all the time.
My analog receiver connected to the same dish hardly ever needs any resync adjustments.

Hi Guys

We are currently out of stock on the GBox V3000. Thanks to your good reports and user experience, this model has been selling well. We are expecting a new shipment end of August. We may have a couple of showroom demo units in stock. If interested, call us and ask the sales-rep about the demo units in the showroom. Don't tell them I told you :D

Do you have any in stock now?:D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts