DISH Press Conference Notes

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Or 17% of the 722 and 722k receivers that recently died in a mass suicide got their leasers to say "let's go with a Hopper".

Lord knows, one of my ViP722s has a dead fan and perhaps other problems, and the other doesn't seem too healthy either. Bad time for me to upgrade, though, unless it drops my monthly cost.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
....Going way back to the single LNB days, Dish has always been on the slower side when it comes to "surfing," even compared to D*, which for a long time was the only other digital provider.

You're joking, right? I remember my neighbor's DirecTV setup just a few years ago that was s-l-o-w in channel changing. Dish boxes were noticeably faster.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
According to JM42 Dish's receivers have been s-l-o-w. I'd have to go back to a pretty old model to find one that I thought was slower than the competition.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Dish showed the menus on both scrolling side by side and the Hopper was much faster. Now, that was Dish's example so take it for what it's worth.

Bobby

Publican
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 7, 2003
Rohnert Park, CA
As I recall, the original Hopper at last year's show was very, very fast. Scott really pointed that out a lot. That Hopper got a bit slower as it came to the field. The same might happen here....

922 erases previously scanned OTAs?

Email from Dish about OTA module

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts