DISH Price Increase 1/17/2013 (UPDATED!)

I just shake my head.
Again this is the same person who flipped the switch on the surge protector in his bedroom for a few days (making his 301/311 lose authorization causing me headaches) because "he wasn't going to use it for a few days (translation...he's cheap). He's only had dish for 11 years now so he knows you dont cut the power to the receivers

One other thing I noticed in the letter was dish said (I forget the exact working) but something like "oh our competitors raised prices $5 each year"

ummm no they didnt. Not D* at least. Per my bills (I have a spreadsheet of each month)
2011 it went up $2 (the extra receiver fee did go up)
2012 it went up $3
2013 it varies between 2-3 bucks (depending on package)

thats not $5 a year ;)
Dude, you are seriously jealous that Dish rates went up $5 in 2011, then $0* in 2012. You so are totally jealous that you didn't pay more for longer! ;)

I get Dish because it gives me the most for my dollar, but I hate the corporate spin they put on this stuff. It is complete bunk!

The "Thank You" letter arrived today. This feels like déjà vu all over again. The DVR fee went up $1 last time, too.

This makes me all nostalgic for 1996 when I paid $600 for one year of Americas Top 40 AND the 2000 receiver with a Dish 300. Now I have five times the channels, HD on two sets, and DVR functions for double the cost. Seems okay to me, but I hate breaking the $100/mo barrier!

WOW,simply astonished I am.Checked the my offers on the Dish web site,as it's the 17th.I can now get 4 premiums for $45 instead of $44.:rolleyes: Thought for sure with a $6 increase,there would be a better offer than a more expensive one we already had in place.

My new fee list is posted on the website. I have the AEP and it's listed at 119.00. There is no mention anywhere about a 10.00/18 months credit, but a CSR assured me that it will show up on the bill. I took him at his word but it's funny that the only place I've seen this is in the internet forums.

Dish Mover and 4 premiums for $45 (were they $44 previously?) , same as it was yesterday and for the last few months.

So any inside info on this special offer for half off that is supposed to be coming, soon?

I don't care about half off anything (if it adds to my bill), but I do want to see the $5 price protection credit on my account.

I don't care about half off anything (if it adds to my bill), but I do want to see the $5 price protection credit on my account.

same here. with the increase in DVR fee, we are considering replacing the 722 with a 211k.

we will see what credits get put into place first, though. we are still receiving the $10/mo because of AMC. So with that and an additional $5, it will keep our bill in check.

One other thing I noticed in the letter was dish said (I forget the exact working) but something like "oh our competitors raised prices $5 each year"

ummm no they didnt. Not D* at least. Per my bills (I have a spreadsheet of each month)
2011 it went up $2 (the extra receiver fee did go up)
2012 it went up $3
2013 it varies between 2-3 bucks (depending on package)

thats not $5 a year ;)

Yes, that's true.
Actually when I started with Dish 2 years ago I wanted DirecTV, but I choose Dish instead because the package I wanted was cheaper.
It was $39.99 on Dish and $44.99 on DTV... then just months after Dish price changed to $44.99 :rolleyes:.
I complained and they took off Starz free for a year ( I thought that Starz free was for the anniversary, not for the price change)
Then DirecTV went up to $46.99... and now that same package will be $48.99 on both. So in those 2 years Dish price went up $9 dollars and DirecTV $4

Dude, you are seriously jealous that Dish rates went up $5 in 2011, then $0* in 2012. You so are totally jealous that you didn't pay more for longer! ;)
I'm confused on what you're saying. I did have Dish a few times (last time was a year ago to try it out because I thought my D* contract was up soon...it wasn't)

I get Dish because it gives me the most for my dollar,
I guess that is debatable depending on your programming likes

but I hate the corporate spin they put on this stuff. It is complete bunk!
That we can agree on. Directv sent an e-mail to customers. Dish sends these "fancy letters"

Looks like I'll have to PM DIRT. My half off offer still hasn't showed up.
Are you talking about the channel not being on or in your programming? If it is on, it will not show up under your programming. It will on your actual bill.

I'm confused on what you're saying. I did have Dish a few times (last time was a year ago to try it out because I thought my D* contract was up soon...it wasn't)
Dude, you seriously need to recalibrate your sarcasm detector.
I guess that is debatable depending on your programming likes
I used very specific pronouns in my statement to limit it appropriately.

yup. For 2 years he was going to go cellphone only but he's one of them who listens to the smooth talker salespeople when he gets on the phone and then he gets a deal. I told him to get rid of the landline and just keep the internet.
Its funny as he'll drop what he's doing to drive to the gas station when he finds out that they are going to raise prices (usually Superamerica raises 1st and Kwik Trip waits til later in the day). I laugh when he says "I only had 40 miles on that tank but there is 50 cents they wont get from me" yet I went through and printed him a comparison between AT200 & 250 and he says "oh I cant get rid of GAC and VH1 classic...I might watch them"
OK dad the pay $10 more for 2 channels and quit whining

That's funny my dad is sort of the same say. he's one of those dads that look at each gas station prices and if its not at least under 3.30 we will not go to it, and he's selective if it's not to his satisfaction, 7 or 10 bucks is all he will pay regardless of the size of a car. and gets cranky if you do not drive to his known routes he recognize and starts yelling YOU'RE GOING THE WRONG WAY.

Someone explain this to me... I have EPIX already but on my account when I look at my programming it isn't checked which is $7 yet I have Blockbuster @home checked for $10/month but I don't need or want it. So if I uncheck blockbuster @home that won't cause it for some odd stupid reason to dump the EPIX will it??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)