This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Dish Price Increase Coming - 11/16/2021

Funny thing, they asked if I wanted to get the protection plan to cover shipping. I said no thanks and they paid for the shipping.

Reactions: TheKrell
Been a long while since we've had a non Jan.- Feb. price bump. Not good.

It isn't, especially with the Tegna dispute still going on. Add to that I have read, more and more Americans are dropping satellite/cable for what is free on the internet. They buy a Fire stick or Roku and watch the thousands of free channels along with free OTA. Many streaming services have regular guides like Pluto, Roku channel, XUMO. Then most Network locals also stream their local news on an app. Used to be when we got increases, Dish added a lot of new channels, but now only a handful each year. We have gotten Circle as well as GAC Family of late, but AT250 is now over $100 is expensive. The Welcome pack for nearly $45 with very little in it, is too much. Dish is going to losing more subscribers.

My Welcome pack is currently $35.99. So at $40.99, it is still a $5 increase. If it goes up to 44.99, then that will be a $9 increase.

If I switch to Flex and drop locals on Dish, but add the external tuner, will I still get the guide data or not?

I can't remember, do you also sub to the DISH locals?
Not in years, once Dish finally fixed the guide problem on WETA. I can pull in all my Washington stations with a SS of 100%, and most of my Baltimore stations are also stable. Frederick, MD is iffy, though.

Zippyfrog, All of these prices are way low for the current Dish price listed on their site. Is this a Halloween joke or what?

Fine print says those prices are shy the $12 for locals, except Welcome Pack, and your link shows the prices with "including locals."

tiny text in OP Link said:
Package Prices do not include $12/month Local Channels price except for Welcome Pack and DishLATINO Básico.

My current bill shows America's Top 200 at 92.99 without locals. There is a note on my account that prices will increase on 11/16/2021. My price will remain locked until my current promotion expires.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Sorry - I didn't include the fine print beneath the chart which states locals aren't included in the price except Welcome Pack.

Everything is going up in price. Have you priced gasoline or food or gone to a restaurant. Inflation is affecting everything so Dish is basically following everybody else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's kind of hard to feel sorry for companies blaming their suppliers for price increases (DIRECTV also does this), when they're making more and more money, it's not like they're bleeding cash.