DISH Price Increases

From what I have gathered, that price is not changing. This will affect people changing their programming or paying full price. I wonder if it will affect the half price offers, as there is no "everyday low price" it is just half price the programming.

From what I have gathered, that price is not changing. This will affect people changing their programming or paying full price. I wonder if it will affect the half price offers, as there is no "everyday low price" it is just half price the programming.
I just added the Movie package for $5/6mos, so apparently not.

But that is the question. Is it $5 for 6 months or half price for 6 months. Is there a price increase in the movie pack?

Do you live near Pittsburgh?
History of DISH "Grandfathering" speaks for itself. As recent a year or two ago, the second hopper for $7.00 being "grandfathered" as a prime example. Then it went up to $12.00 and then the $5.00 credits ran out. Another one was the 501/510 dvr with NO dvr fee ! Sure did change that one and they starting charging the $7.00 dvr fee and now they are no longer even viable. So when you hear grandfathered in the same sentence with DISH , you better think twice because it is always grandfathered........ for now.

:hiding

It always amazes me when people don't learn from history ,even recent history of the last 5 years with DISH. Everything is subject to change with DISH. That is the only constant.

Another one was the 501/510 dvr with NO dvr fee !
510 has ALWAYS had the DVR fee from day 1; maybe you actually meant the 508...

Sure did change that one and they starting charging the $7.00 dvr fee and now they are no longer even viable.
I must be lucky then; I'm still getting the $10 DVR fee credit (from my 501 days) to this day & have at least another 10 months to go on it...even though I've been on Ho's/Jo's for a couple years now. (they extended it a couple times now & I didn't even have to ask them for it)

Reactions: pattykay
History of DISH "Grandfathering" speaks for itself. As recent a year or two ago, the second hopper for $7.00 being "grandfathered" as a prime example. Then it went up to $12.00 and then the $5.00 credits ran out. Another one was the 501/510 dvr with NO dvr fee ! Sure did change that one and they starting charging the $7.00 dvr fee and now they are no longer even viable. So when you hear grandfathered in the same sentence with DISH , you better think twice because it is always grandfathered........ for now.

:hiding

It always amazes me when people don't learn from history ,even recent history of the last 5 years with DISH. Everything is subject to change with DISH. That is the only constant.

This is what I thought when I read about grandfathered rates at $12. They will eventually find a reason or way to raise them on those that have them grandfathered. I thought it was $7 at one time too and realized that I am paying $12 each now for them even on the first one. At least I am getting a $7 credit for one DVR (well I guess that's not a full credit now since its $12 soon to be $15 for some) for the 721 that I had. Also had a 501/508 before that. Shouldn't I have had two DVR credits?

Reactions: MikeD-C05
But that is the question. Is it $5 for 6 months or half price for 6 months. Is there a price increase in the movie pack?
No the Movie pack did not increase.
But the deal is $5 for 6 months, not 50% off like the others.
My Showtime is 50% off for 6 months, it went from $7 in November, to $7.50 in December.
My HBO just says $10 nothing else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

No the Movie pack did not increase.
But the deal is $5 for 6 months, not 50% off like the others.
My Showtime is 50% off for 6 months, it went from $7 in November, to $7.50 in December.
My HBO just says $10 nothing else.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
That's what I was looking for.

510 has ALWAYS had the DVR fee from day 1; maybe you actually meant the 508...

I must be lucky then; I'm still getting the $10 DVR fee credit (from my 501 days) to this day & have at least another 10 months to go on it...even though I've been on Ho's/Jo's for a couple years now. (they extended it a couple times now & I didn't even have to ask them for it)
Yes you are right, I should of said the 501 and 508 pvrs not the 510 pvr. I've had all three of them in my house at one time or another.

Hi guys! Long term lurker, rare poster. I just wanted to give people an update on my experience with Dish Network which can save *many* of you *TONS* of money! I have been a Dish Network customer for 2.5 years now. Once my 2 year contract ended 6 months ago I immediately called to cancel given that Cablevision was offering a much better deal with their Triple Play offer. Dish immediately lowered my bill by $35 for 6 months, upgraded my Joey to a Super Joey for FREE (I now have 1 HWS, 1 Super Joey, and 2 regular Joeys), and upgraded me to the Hindi Elite package from just two Hindi channels. I have America's Top 200 package as my base. This was all done WITH NO NEW CONTRACT. My 6 month promo was scheduled to end next week so I called recently to renegotiate my terms. I once again said I wanted to cancel and was quickly offered $60 off my bill for *another* 10 months WITH NO NEW CONTRACT. They also threw in Starz, Encore, Cinemax, and the Dish Movie pack for free for 3 months. I mentioned that I was a loyal customer but concerned about the $5 price increase. I continued to state that I enjoyed my Dish Network service and would like to keep it, although the Triple Play offered to me by Cablevision would be saving me over $18 per month for similar service.

*Including* the $5 price increase to go in effect on January 14th, I will be paying a total of $76 (including taxes and fees) for my entire Dish Network service, which is a MUCH better deal than that given to new Dish customers and even cheaper than Cablevision's Triple Play. I fully intend to call back in 6-10 months to renew this deal. A 30 minute phone call to Dish can easily save you nearly $1000 over the course of the year. FYI, I have my bill on autopay, have never missed a payment, and have excellent credit. I just thought I would share my experience so others can do the same. Dish truly does care about its loyal customers if you just call in and ask!

Hi guys! Long term lurker, rare poster. I just wanted to give people an update on my experience with Dish Network which can save *many* of you *TONS* of money! I have been a Dish Network customer for 2.5 years now. Once my 2 year contract ended 6 months ago I immediately called to cancel given that Cablevision was offering a much better deal with their Triple Play offer. Dish immediately lowered my bill by $35 for 6 months, upgraded my Joey to a Super Joey for FREE (I now have 1 HWS, 1 Super Joey, and 2 regular Joeys), and upgraded me to the Hindi Elite package from just two Hindi channels. I have America's Top 200 package as my base. This was all done WITH NO NEW CONTRACT. My 6 month promo was scheduled to end next week so I called recently to renegotiate my terms. I once again said I wanted to cancel and was quickly offered $60 off my bill for *another* 10 months WITH NO NEW CONTRACT. They also threw in Starz, Encore, Cinemax, and the Dish Movie pack for free for 3 months. I mentioned that I was a loyal customer but concerned about the $5 price increase. I continued to state that I enjoyed my Dish Network service and would like to keep it, although the Triple Play offered to me by Cablevision would be saving me over $18 per month for similar service.

*Including* the $5 price increase to go in effect on January 14th, I will be paying a total of $76 (including taxes and fees) for my entire Dish Network service, which is a MUCH better deal than that given to new Dish customers and even cheaper than Cablevision's Triple Play. I fully intend to call back in 6-10 months to renew this deal. A 30 minute phone call to Dish can easily save you nearly $1000 over the course of the year. FYI, I have my bill on autopay, have never missed a payment, and have excellent credit. I just thought I would share my experience so others can do the same. Dish truly does care about its loyal customers if you just call in and ask!

Welcome to the club! This is what I 've been doing for the last few years. I refuse to pay the over inflated DISH FEES and Price hikes. I get money off my bill and freebies every year. My current deal is $65.00 off for 12 months which ends in May. Also have the $10.00 hbo and $5.00 DISH movie pack -used to be blockbuster. I will be calling again in May to see what I can get then. After all there are other video companies to choose from.

It is everyone's right to negotiate the best deal that they can get with all your companies. I get discounts on 2 of my 3 DISH accounts, promo price for my internet with TWC -had it for 5 years now and pay $55.55 with tax included for 20mpbs of speed. Also get State of Texas Retiree discount with T-mobile and it saves me $12.00 off my bill a month. I also get XM sat radio for 5 months for $25.00. I have great credit ( 830) that also entitles me the best discount rates for my car insurance and my house insurance. Haggle all you can to get the best deal you can with all your companies. You are the customer and without you the business wouldn't exist.

Reactions: charlesrshell
They are in tough situation. Cut off ESPN, FS1, NFL Network, MLB Network, RSNs, etc and people who were only staying because live sports are hard to stream will leave. Don't cut them off and people who are sick of the price continuing to go up will leave.

If only they could get out of the carriage and tier requirements with sports.
Then offer sports ala carte and in packages (even similar to the current tiers).

Then the people that want the sports can pay the appropriate prices and leave the non-sports fees alone.

What's killing us all is the requirements to have certain sports channels in certain programming tiers.
So the cost increases are spread across all, including those that don't watch (same with other stuff but less extreme pricing).

Note: I watch some sports, and would likely be subscribing to them, at least at the appropriate times.

If only they could get out of the carriage and tier requirements with sports.
Then offer sports ala carte and in packages (even similar to the current tiers).

Then the people that want the sports can pay the appropriate prices and leave the non-sports fees alone.

What's killing us all is the requirements to have certain sports channels in certain programming tiers.
So the cost increases are spread across all, including those that don't watch (same with other stuff but less extreme pricing).

Note: I watch some sports, and would likely be subscribing to them, at least at the appropriate times.
That's how I feel about the infotainment channels. If only we could get them seperately.

For me same day viewing is important for a couple shows like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones just because the fanbases for those shows is so crazy. It can be hard to not accidentally see or hear a spoiler if I don't watch them the night they air.

There are ways to watch the same night if you're ok with a few hours delay.