Dish Pricing Update

Mostly some stuff about TV2 fees (A/O), which I didn't digest, because he deleted his posts too quickly. KAB responded to his posts, so he would know more clearly what was said. The only thing that I retained is that a couple of states will be notified on January 1 of the new pricing because of state law.

Can someone explain this to me?

I have a 722, 322, and 311, all connected to the phone line. 722 is the primary receiver, 322 and 311 are secondary - 322 is leased, 311 is owned.

Currently I pay $5 for the DVR ($5.98 - $0.98 DVR Advantage), and $5 for the 322 and 311. Since they are both attached to the phone line, don't pay any additional outlet fees.

Will the bill change at all? Since the 722 is the primary, I'd hope I'm not going to be paying $17 for it. And I sure hope I'm not paying an additional $2 for the 322 and 311 - especially since I own the 311.

But wait, would I then be paying $14 as opposed to $5 for the 322 because they don't waive the $5 for plugging into a phone line? Or will they still do that?

My bill went up $8 last year. If it goes up more than $2 or $3 this year Dish can say goodbye. I'm not going to let them nickel and dime me into more and more fees that shouldn't be there. I got Dish because it was the best value for the money. Any substantial increase this year and it won't be.

TWC just announced they will be raising people's cable bills locally, and then they announced they will be dropping all FOX networks during a contract dispute. It is the same all over, so I'll stick with DISH where at least the DVRs are worth using.

Ted

He PM'd me, I could tell he was working for a retailer who said they had had two levels of training...doubt it.

There are a lot of unanswered questions, and what I find wild in talking with Dish CSR's who have been trained on the new pricing they are as confused as we are.

I find this a little crazy but Dish is supposed to be doing this to make things easier to understand and now even their CSRs who went to special training don't fully understand whats going on.

Some answers I want questions to:

1) If a customer has one receiver and its a 722k do they need to pay a DVR free or is it included? If it is then that means those customers bills are going DOWN.

2) How do they decide the first receiver on a customers account since the first receiver is free? Is the lowest price receiver going to be the free one?

3) What about 501's and 508's which have no charge for DVR service what do their receivers fall under and will they need to have a plan with built in DVR fees?

All the Dish folks I have spoke to had no answers for those questions, and I think they need to be answered.

If your dad only has one receiver, there will be NO increase for him. I would like to pick apart the claim about OTA digital signals, but I'm not awake enough.

You awake yet? :) I'm interested in your thoughts about the OTA signals. I can tell you that last February I was up visiting and my dad asked me to set up the digital to analog converters he bought. I checked on line and a couple of the stations were already broadcasting in HD so I figured this will be easy. Well the bottom line was the only OTA HD signal he was receiving was for the PBS station. I suggested he ask around and see what other folks level of success was, after he did that and also check with the pros he made the decision to go with dish.
My dad is no dummy when it comes to the science stuff, he was a college science professor. So he knows a bit more than I do about how television signals are affected by things like curvature of the earth, terrain (mountains in this case), open water (he lives right on Penobscot bay). What he probably doesn't know about is what if any difference there is between the analogue and digital signal save that the digital signal is being broadcast on UHF.
SO I really would like to know what you think because I think it sucks that my dad has to pay for what is supposed to be free and what he got for free before the change over. Especially since he is happy with just the "locals"

Ross

Then we have two Dish employees saying two different things. Who to believe? BTW, it would have been appropriate to have identified yourself as such from the start since you were so definite in your assertions. It's called credibility. What is your position?
I read the posts he deleted, and believe he is an employee, and what he says has been matched by what other employees have said.

There is some MAJOR confusion even amung those that have had training on this new pricing. Dish is supposed to be making things easier to understand and it does not appear that they have accomplished that when their own employees who have been trained on the new pricing are as confused as we are.

Scott, this is why I don't like you releasing "rumors". Wait until you really know.

It states on my bill that my 622 is my first receiver and my 211 is the second (makes sense, since that's how I had them installed...not at the same time). So, hm...does my bill go down or up or remained unchanged?

If they try to tell me my 211 (no external HD) was first, they'll be lying...

Scott, this is why I don't like you releasing "rumors". Wait until you really know.
Sorry if you don't like them then dont read them.

Personally I think that this entire mess will help Dish fix hings before they announce the new pricing in two weeks.

There are bugs in the system and we are helping them fix them. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts