Dish Pricing Update

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Sorry if you don't like them then dont read them.

Personally I think that this entire mess will help Dish fix hings before they announce the new pricing in two weeks.

There are bugs in the system and we are helping them fix them. :)

If that makes you feel better, fine. My point is, get the facts before you go to print.

If we waited for the facts then they wouldnt have time to fix the issues.

THEY WONT ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT THE NEW PRICING UNTIL THEY ANNOUNCE IT AT CES, AND BY THEN THE PRICING IS IN EFFECT FOR SOME CUSTOMERS ALREADY.

Many years ago a very high up E employee, who appeared on camera remarked to me on a phone call how valuable the message boards are, to research peoples opinions and find system troubles. back then I had connections:) Heck even attended the E6 launch as a VIP!!

I am SUPER GLAD this site exists with scotts leaks. they are trial baloons by dish, who apparently want to improve things and want customers opinions before the change rolls out nationwide.

Me and scott havent always agreed, but on this he is doing everyone a valuable service

I like the rumors also. I take them as just that though until it happens. Scott as always been upfront about rumors are rumors. Take them as fact when they come true. No more no less.

Possibility that my bill would go up about $2 with the new setup.

I could live with that.

I might even upgrade the 301 to another 211.

NOW:
$34.99 Dish HD Absolute with locals
$ 5.98 DVR fee on receiver #1 ViP 722K
$ 7.00 Lease fee on receiver #2 ViP 211k
$ 7.00 Lease fee on receiver #3 ViP 211
$ 5.00 A/O fee on receiver #4 owned DP 301
$57.97 TOTAL

PROPOSED:
$34.99 Dish HD Absolute with locals
$ 5.98 DVR fee on receiver #1 ViP 722K
$ 7.00 Lease fee on receiver #2 ViP 211k
$ 7.00 Lease fee on receiver #3 ViP 211
$ 7.00 A/O fee on receiver #4 owned DP 301
$59.97 TOTAL

May be glad I went with 211's instead of 622/722 for extra receivers.

This may boost popularity of the 612, it will be the same cost as a 211 monthly as a Solo receiver/DVR.

Am I wrong??

simplifying pricing is needed. my thought always was the DVR fee should be per account, with a forever buy out price per account option. say a 100 buck buyout? sure E loses the monthly revenue but gains a even stickier sub, leave and you lost that lifetime service

dont penalize the golden sticky DVR subs, or we will leave.!!!!

I agree, but look what happened before when they promised no more DVR fees. The 721 got axed after I paid $550 for it and the 501/508 is going to get axed next year when they swap them for 8PSK compatable receivers. The 7100/7200 receivers has a lifetime DVR package didn't it? What happened to those folks?

If they do this DVR thing for one flat rate like they are doing with the external hard drives, someone needs something in writing about this and that it is NOT subject to change without notice that it is the lifetime of the subscriber. That would be a GREAT idea to keep subscribers. They get something for staying with these discounts that they are getting. That rewards people for staying. Maybe make it to where it is a one time deal and even if they come back they will not get that discount again, it is a one time deal unless it is one of those lifetime DVR subscription deals but it should apply to ANY DVR that comes out.

If these fee increases go through, I will definitely be making changes to my account. I own all my equipment and will not accept paying lease rates on my own equipment. I currently have the AEP with a 622, 522, 211k and two 211's. I would be looking at a major price increase. I would probably drop the premiums and shut down two receivers. Whatever it takes to get my bill under $100. I just resubscribed to Netflix and will probably be getting a Roku box for Xmas. E* is starting to resemble the cable pig.:mad: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8liHWu2yYZQ]YouTube - Dish Network Cable Pig Commercial[/ame]

Yes and come February 1st 2010 SO will DISH. What is your point?
I was only addressing the part of your post where you mentioned their Premier package. I was just clarifying for others that it is not only the Premier package (or what ever Direct calls their everything package).

we probably as a group know more about being a customer of E than their management..........

and can see when they are about to make a big mistake

FREE DVR SERVICE! COULD BE A NEW SALES FEATURE FOR E............
Making them different than all other providers!!!
A side effect of this would be getting them more sticky subs:)

this assumes they have confidence in resolving the TIVO lawsuit, one way or the other...

Why a 27 page thread for a six dollar on average increase?

Because for a number of those who view this board it is a $30 average increase in the monthly bill. Those of us with more Duo HD STB's and HD DVR's are looking at a significant increase. I am pleased for the folks who have one or two STB's or for those looking at about a $7 increase (still way too much), but not those of us who have been howling about paying $30 more per month.

Scott I have posted this about three times now, but if you look at your own post #1 it says they will eliminate or subtract the dvr fees after the first on your account and the A/0 fees too. If this is the case they are only charging you for the 7.00 lease or additional receiver fee like they do today. If this is their intention then this is a good thing for many of us and not a bad thing.

For example if you have 6 dual tuner hd dvrs today , you would pay 5 x 7.00 for the extra receivers = 35.00 . Then you would have to add the dvr fees in assuming you have the WITH dvr pack on the first; 5 x 5.98=29.90. Now add the A/0 fees if you don't keep the extra receivers hooked up ;5 x 5.00=25.00. So add this all together and you would get 89.90 in additional fees .

Under the new proposed structure it would be much less. You would charge the combined fees on all the receivers 5x17.00=85.00. Subtract the dvr fees after the first 5x5.98=29.90. Subtract the A/0 fees for keeping your phone line plugged in 5 x 5.00= 25.00. So the total would only be 30.10 extra to have the same 6 duo tuner dvrs you have today at a lower price. This is about what they said you would pay in your first post. Why is everyone freaking out about this change ? Unless you doubt what the first employee in the #1 post wrote is true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)