Dish Pricing Update

Can you please show me your info to support this?

I can't find it.

IF you look at the home page for this web board there are links to Scott G. and his first Multi-Channel post about the changes coming up. The second thread or this one clarifies the earlier post by the DISH Csr . Look at post #1 in this thread. Now both of these Threads are based on leaked information from Scott G.'s sources at DISH. The dvr fee could be 5.98 or even 6.00 now. We keep getting information from DISH sources in this thread that says something new. THe point is there will only be ONE dvr fee come February 1st if you believe the information rumored by the DISH sources. I advise everyone to wait a couple of weeks until the CES show is on and DISH will officially reveal all the real information about these and other changes.

Last edited:
Let me break it down based on his original post.....

Right now I have a 722, a 622, a 510, and a 501 active.....
I have AEP

My equipment fees RIGHT NOW are $7 for the 622, $5 for the 510, and $5 for the 501 = $17
The 722 is not charged right now..... I have all the receivers plugged in to a phone jack (the 722 and 622 to ethernet as well)

If they are going to charge $17 per receiver (I don't know if they waive the first box or not), than that would be $17x4 or $68.

My current bill is $196 with all my premium channels (adult, sports, superstations, etc.)

IF things will fall into line like Scott's post said, my equipment fees are going from $17 to $68 or a $51 increase which is 26% more for no change.

Am I missing something or in error here?

If I'm NOT wrong, than the low cost leader just became the high priced gouger.....

Okay Bob they will waive the first receiver from the equipment charge . The rest of the information is all what you want to believe until we get official clarification from DISH next month. Till then I am sitting the rest of this thread out . I think everyone wants to expect the worst so they won't be disappointed. That is human nature. I think Charlie would be suicidal if he did what your interpretation is of the bill. Even Charlie knows if you hike the fees without any credits to offset , that people would all either drop down to one receiver or drop DISH all together. Even Charlie wouldn't be stupid enough to do this in bad economic times when he has been advertising DISH as the low cost leader with the most new growth of subs.

Let me break it down based on his original post.....

Right now I have a 722, a 622, a 510, and a 501 active.....
I have AEP

My equipment fees RIGHT NOW are $7 for the 622, $5 for the 510, and $5 for the 501 = $17
The 722 is not charged right now..... I have all the receivers plugged in to a phone jack (the 722 and 622 to ethernet as well)

If they are going to charge $17 per receiver (I don't know if they waive the first box or not), than that would be $17x4 or $68.

My current bill is $196 with all my premium channels (adult, sports, superstations, etc.)

IF things will fall into line like Scott's post said, my equipment fees are going from $17 to $68 or a $51 increase which is 26% more for no change.

Am I missing something or in error here?

If I'm NOT wrong, than the low cost leader just became the high priced gouger.....

Bob, read post #1 again, particularly the Dish Employee comments as it pertains to all of Scott's receivers. Your increase will be less than his ($30.00) with 2 less receivers which should put you around $19.00.

Last edited:
Bob, read post #1 again, particularly the Dish Employee comments. You are in the same boat as Scott. Your increase will be $30.00.

Less egregious, but still more than the annual $4 bump I usually see.... Still a 15% increase.... I will be able to dodge some of it by switching to the 211 with the external harddrive on one of them.....

I just can't believe that they are going to slam their most profitable customers this way....

I'm whining loud and hard to hope that the message gets bumped upstairs that this is a bad idea and they may want to reconsider....

Less egregious, but still more than the annual $4 bump I usually see.... Still a 15% increase.... I will be able to dodge some of it by switching to the 211 with the external harddrive on one of them.....

I just can't believe that they are going to slam their most profitable customers this way....

I'm whining loud and hard to hope that the message gets bumped upstairs that this is a bad idea and they may want to reconsider....
Read my prior post again which I edited.

Even Charlie knows if you hike the fees without any credits to offset , that people would all either drop down to one receiver or drop DISH all together. Even Charlie wouldn't be stupid enough to do this in bad economic times when he has been advertising DISH as the low cost leader with the most new growth of subs.

I hope you're right on this one. :)

Okay Bob they will waive the first receiver from the equipment charge . The rest of the information is all what you want to believe until we get official clarification from DISH next month. Till then I am sitting the rest of this thread out . I think everyone wants to expect the worst so they won't be disappointed. That is human nature. I think Charlie would be suicidal if he did what your interpretation is of the bill. Even Charlie knows if you hike the fees without any credits to offset , that people would all either drop down to one receiver or drop DISH all together. Even Charlie wouldn't be stupid enough to do this in bad economic times when he has been advertising DISH as the low cost leader with the most new growth of subs.

In these economic times I have seen numerous corporate entities gouging left and right to make up for revenue shortfalls. My healthcare copays doubled this year, while at the same time they went from a $50 ER Copay to the first $3000 on me 100% and our prescriptions went from a $35 copay to either $50 or $75 depending on the meds. USAA is my credit card company so I am safe there, but I have friends who have been getting reamed by rotten terms they are jamming through now ahead of the new law that restricts increase effective 2/2010. I'm sure many of you have similar stories to tell about other sectors. Meanwhile, my local property taxes in NJ are threatening to increase even further than the $13K I paid this year because the local public servants simply can't survive without at least a 5% pay increase and the continued public subsidy of their Cadillac health plan ($5 prescriptions, $10 copays,etc.)

Oh, meanwhile, I work in commercial construction, and the 35% paycut I had to take this year has made me a little cranky about increasing costs, so my apologies if I come off as a whiner.

But I too, will shut up now and wait for official word as well. If E* is reading, just realize that a few points will be a nuisance but won't force too many people to jump ship. A 15% increase for your best customers just might....

Bob, read post #1 again, particularly the Dish Employee comments as it pertains to all of Scott's receivers. Your increase will be less than his ($30.00) with 2 less receivers.

KAB, I think the "Dish Employee's" math is in error. With AEP and 6 duo DVR's, you would pay ($7.00 x 5 = $35.00) now for equipment.

With the new system (if all the "credits" are in place), the charges would be:

DVR fee (one per account): $6.00
Receiver fee (one per account free): $17.00 x 5 = $85.00
Credit for phone connections (estimate): ($5.00) x 5 = ($25.00)
Credit for DVR fee (after first one): ($6.00) x 5 = ($30.00)

Add this all up: $36.00

This is only a ONE DOLLAR increase. I don't know if the "credit" amounts are the right numbers, but they're in the ballpark. You could also argue that the credit for phone connections should be times 6 instead of times 5, so you could actually end up paying LESS. ;)

The point is, we just don't know yet what the exact increase will be, but it MIGHT not be too draconian.

Brad

...I think everyone wants to expect the worst so they won't be disappointed. That is human nature. I think Charlie would be suicidal if he did what your interpretation is of the bill. Even Charlie knows if you hike the fees without any credits to offset , that people would all either drop down to one receiver or drop DISH all together. Even Charlie wouldn't be stupid enough to do this in bad economic times when he has been advertising DISH as the low cost leader with the most new growth of subs.

STOP IT!!!:mad:
I'm getting sick and tired of all of your well thought-out replies. :rant:

THE WORLD HAS ENDED CHARLIE IS GOUGING WE CANT SURVIVE:)

I thought we need some HUMOR, and suspect this will all be a non issue.

frankly I will be happy to see just one DVR fee per account:)

In these economic times I have seen numerous corporate entities gouging left and right to make up for revenue shortfalls. ..

Indeed. Its incredible in these times that corporate greed is even more pronounced. I guess they want maximum profits before they go bankrupt.

It cannot continue. People just don't have as much disposable income anymore. And that income will continue to be eroded. Capitalism has just about committed suicide in the US.

Indeed. Its incredible in these times that corporate greed is even more pronounced. I guess they want maximum profits before they go bankrupt.

It cannot continue. People just don't have as much disposable income anymore. And that income will continue to be eroded. Capitalism has just about committed suicide in the US.

not at all capitalism has us buing imports, from far away countries that pays workers squat..........

then we wonder why our economy is ill..........

Capitalism works both ways though and E* knows this. Convenience and price are why Satellite TV works. If it's no longer convenient or cost effective, people will find other means, one of which is the Internet in recent times or taking whatever (ridiculous 12 month deal) the cable companies are offering.

That's the point...too much info vs not enough. A lot of members here have already threatened to jump ship to who knows where...the knee jerkers. We need to wait and be as smart as our parent's wanted us to be.

Good thing we recently locked into another year at the same price....three years without a price increase and faster free Internet upgrade each year.

I can't wait for February, NOT. My Dish bill will be going up by 48 dollars or about 34 percent. I currently have AEP with locals (Multisport pack, plus $10 Platnium HD) , with 4 additional Dual Tuner DVR's for a $48 dollar per month increase for the Slight percentage increase of 34 percent.

I'm not saying I'm not willing to pony up a slight increase but 34 percent is RIDICULOUS.

If this doesn't change I'll be dropping my core package to a lessor package, and most of the Premiums. Jacking up their best customers is beyond STUPID.

John

Yes AEP customers are going to see the biggest rate increase if they have a lot of DVR's. Unfortunately I am one of those...

I wont be a AEP customer for much longer though, which is ok with me as when I go to AT250 at least I can finally enjoy the free movie channel previews. :D ;)

I will no longer be an AEP customer either if they are jacking the fees up for us, heck I can't even get locals in HD through dish and I am in a larger market. I have a 722k, 722, 622 and a 612, I am not going to take a huge increase in my bill without any new services.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts