Dish Pro Dual LNB and DP 44 for High Def

downriver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Horse Creek, CA
Does anyone know if a hookup using the old Dish Pro Dual LNB (as opposed to a DP Plus)..utilizing a DP 44 for a 129 Wing Dish...is a suitable installation for HD? Receiver is a 722...

You can use a DPP TWIN on a dish 500 with a DP DUAL on a separate dish connected to the input on the DPP TWIN to run a single cable to a 722 with separator, if that is your question.

Thanks for your response....that's not the question.

using a 129 wing dish single PP LNB and a Dish Pro dual (NOT PLUS) lnb with a DP 44 and inserter...is that a good installation for 722 HD??? the 129 wing will go to the switch instead of the DPP LNB....

Is the old Dish Pro dual LNB suitable for HD with a 722 when connected to a DP 44 with a wing dish?...is the old Dish Pro LNB suitable for HD in any circumstance?

If I read what you're asking

a DP Twin on 110/119
a DP single or dual for 129
using a DPP44+ switch

yes that will work
2 lines from the DPTwin to the 44+
1 line from the 129 dish to the 44+

also any LNB can be used for HD...When I had dish I used an old Legacy Twin on a D500, a Directv LNB (the old single ones) on a 36" dish and a SW21 to the 211k. Worked fine

Yes, that is the question...so the old Dish Pro dual is good then for use on HD with a wing dish wired into the switch....Thank You !!! My neighbor is set up that way and he is having mucho trouble with a new 722k...worked fine on his 211

If I read what you're asking

a DP Twin on 110/119
a DP single or dual for 129
using a DPP44+ switch

yes that will work
2 lines from the DPTwin to the 44+
1 line from the 129 dish to the 44+

also any LNB can be used for HD...When I had dish I used an old Legacy Twin on a D500, a Directv LNB (the old single ones) on a 36" dish and a SW21 to the 211k. Worked fine

Yes, that is the question...so the old Dish Pro dual is good then for use on HD with a wing dish wired into the switch....Thank You !!! My neighbor is set up that way and he is having mucho trouble with a new 722k...worked fine on his 211

Is the separator bad maybe?
Make sure the separator is installed correctly. I've heard on those where it says sat 1 & sat 2 they have to be hooked up that way properly.

it is the new type separator.....I'll check that. He does not need that switch anymore anyway...I might just swap out his LNB and pull that switch...I have a couple of DPP duals around somewheres....THANKS

it is the new type separator.....I'll check that. He does not need that switch anymore anyway...I might just swap out his LNB and pull that switch...I have a couple of DPP duals around somewheres....THANKS

There is no such thing as a DPP DUAL DPP only a TWIN or a separate switch. Dual LNBs are either LEGACY OR DISH PRO using the wrong terminology makes it hard to answer questions.

The correct terminology should have been twin. It is a dual LNB though..thanks for your response. I'll try to do better next time.

There is no such thing as a DPP DUAL DPP only a TWIN or a separate switch. Dual LNBs are either LEGACY OR DISH PRO using the wrong terminology makes it hard to answer questions.

Yes, DP DUALs are SINGLE LNBs with TWO outputs. DP SINGLES are SINGLE LNBs with ONE output. DP TWIN is the one with TWO LNBs, TWO outputs. There is also a DPP TWIN. Anyway as everyone else said, DP TWIN plus DP SINGLE/DUAL wing dish, plus DPP44 will work just fine. Separators are needed for DPP dual tuners. As stated, separator outputs "1" and "2" need to go to "1" and "2" on the receiver. Not "2" to "1" and vice-verse. If there is still a problem, check your POWER INSERTER and all cable connectors. If there is still a problem, could be a deeper wiring issue, or a bad receiver/switch/LNB.

Yes, I have a 1000+ dish, with 2 DishPro lnbs and the one DPP 119/118 lnb each lnb is connected to a DPP44 switch to my HD receivers.

Yes, I have a 1000+ dish, with 2 DishPro lnbs and the one DPP 119/118 lnb each lnb is connected to a DPP44 switch to my HD receivers.

For some reason the current set up would not work with his new 722. It would not read the 129 bird. It worked fine with his old 211. Maybe the switch failed....I do not know. I also don't know why the installer didn't get it right before he left.....I think he was a rookie. Several years ago we required a 4th bird to get locals...this is no longer necessary...I pulled the switch and replaced his old DP TWIN 110/119 with a DP PLUS twin and ran the 129 wing single to that...it is a cleaner install and works perfectly now. Thanks for your response

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)