My conversation with a DISH chat representative regarding AMC. MUST READ!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bryan122798

Original poster
Jul 2, 2012
Tuscaloosa, AL
Good afternoon everybody. I recently contacted DISH with interest in becoming a subscriber. I decided to go through the chat available on their website...and boy am I glad I did. The following is my conversation in it's entirety. Did they lie to me? What do you think of this conversation? I forwarded this conversation to AMC but have yet to get a reply. I do not claim to know who is at fault (dish or amc) over this dispute, but I thought it was funny how they try to make excuses and just plain lie. Decided for yourself!

--START CONVERSATION----

chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Hi, my name is Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB). How may I help you?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Hi.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): How may I assist you? :)
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: Good afternoon. I am currently looking into getting satellite or cable hooked up at my house and I'm seriously considering Dish network, but I have a few questions.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): I will be more than willing to build the order for you and set up your TV services with the package and equipment of your choice.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Just to verify, have you ever had Dish network before?
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: no
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Alright.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): May I have your cell/phone number and address where you want to have the service?
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: I'm not sure I want to go with Dish just yet. I have a few concerns I would like addressed first.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): What will be your question?
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: I recently saw where Dish no longer carries the AMC channel. Since this is one of my favorite channels I would like to know if Dish expects to add this channel back and if so, when?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Thanks for asking.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): We are on the process of negotiation with the carrier of the programming since they are going to upgrade some programming that is why we don't have it now.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): What are the other channels that you are looking for?
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: well I mainly watch AMC and a friends house and was hoping to get a package that included this channel. My friend has Dish and has had no problems until recently when he went to watch AMC and it was no longer available. He told me he was thinking about changing to DirectTV since they have AMC. That is why I wanted to contact someone at Dish to see if maybe they had any idea as to when AMC would be available on dish.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): We don't have any idea on when can we have the AMC back, But you can get some movies and channels that AMC has on our HD NET.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: Do you know if HDNET carries Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, or Mad Men?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): This is and alternative channel where you can have some channels on AMC.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Yes you can get HD NET movies.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: Do you know if HDNET carries Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, or Mad Men? These are TV shows, not movies.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Yes they do.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: So I can get HDNET which will carry episodes of Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Mad Men?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Yes.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): How many TVs do you have in your house?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Are you still there?
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: Yes, I'm still here.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): I thought I lost a connection.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: I'm not sure you are understanding the question I'm asking. The 3 tv shows I listed are owned by AMC and are only available on AMC. But you are telling me they are available on HDNET. How can this be possible?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Yes it is available on our HD NET MOVIES.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: Can you explain the website to me? (I then supplied the web link to AMC's keepamcnetworks website.)
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Sure.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): AMC Networks has further devalued its programming by making its handful of popular shows available to consumers via iTunes, Netflix and Amazon.com. This means that AMC Networks wants us to pay many millions of dollars for content that is available to our subscribers the next day for just a couple of dollars
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): AMC is being replaced with the top quality, commercial free movie channel HDNet Movies channel 130.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): WE is being replaced with Style (ch. 128)
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): IFC is being replaced with HDNet (ch. 131)
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Dish notified AMC Networks earlier in the year of its decision not to renew its contract due to the channels' high costs compared to their relatively low viewership.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: Ok, I understand what you are saying...but why did you just tell me that the AMC tv shows I asked you about were also available on HDNET MOVIES?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Dish network chose those channels for those customers who can't watch AMC since we removed it.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): We found an alternative provider that could give channels from AMC.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: what is that alternative provide?
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: provide
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): HD NET MOVIES.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): We don't know the name of the owner of the programming of HD NET MOVIES.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): But you can get those channels on that programming.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: but HD NET MOVIES does not carry the original programming that AMC offers so how is that a suitable alternative?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): You can get HD NET MOVIES on blockbuster which provide channels that you mentioned.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): That is why we have an alternative programming.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Whenever we remove programming here at Dish we make sure that we have an alternative channel that could carry the programming on that particular channels that has been removed.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: Blockbuster does not provide the AMC original programming...and besides it costs extra to sign up for blockbuster and I'm not interested in that.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): That is why it's an alternative programming.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): You can get those channels that you mentioned on our HD NET.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: NO YOU CAN NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Why would I tell you that It's included if I cannot give you the channels that you want to have.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): I don't need to lie. I'm just telling the truth.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: ok, could you tell me when what time the next episode of Walking Dead will be airing on HD NET?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): I cannot since I am not watching those programming.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): You can get HD NET thru blockbuster and once you have it you will know the next schedule for your programming.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: AMC is showing a walking dead marathon this weekend in which they will air the entire 1st and 2nd season of Walking Dead. Will this be available on HD NET?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Yes.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: ok, well I guess this conversation is over since you continue to lie to me. I'm already looked at the scheduling of HD NET on your website and it doesn't list any of these shows including walking dead.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): We have an update daily that is why I know that this programming will be available.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Why would I lie?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): You can even talk to my supervisor if you want to.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: bye, have a nice day.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): OKay.
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: I'm going to send a transcript to AMC, by the way.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Are you sure you don't want to ask my superior for the information?
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Sure you can.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): :)
chat_enduser_message.png
Bryan Taylor: I'm sending a transcript of this conversation to AMC. I'm sure their legal department will enjoy it.
chat_agent.png
Charmaine Kristel (ID: WQB): Sure.

------END CONVERSATION-------

I don't know if she was outright lying but what she said is not true. AMC shows are not on HDnet movies. Those reps don't know everything and are probably telling people what they want to hear to get them to sub.

That what I figured as well. I tried to get her to realize what she was saying was incorrect but she wouldn't budge. I figure the reps are just like robots.. they only know and can translate what has been programmed in them.

you got a slightly confused CSR ... try this instead:

On the bottom of the main forum page, you'll see the usernames in red with @DISH Network at the end. Those are official reps from Dish that are active on the forum right now. Just send them a private message with your questions.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum.php (scroll down to the bottom)

Last edited:
Well, MOST of what she said was true. I suspect more clueless than deceit.

looking a little more at the chat.... i have to say the chat CSR was fairly polite and did give an option to talk to the supervisor. So, the OP did have an option to get more accurate info if they wanted.

Not sure why the OP had to start threatening the CSR ....

looking a little more at the chat.... i have to say the chat CSR was fairly polite and did give an option to talk to the supervisor. So, the OP did have an option to get more accurate info if they wanted.

Not sure why the OP had to start threatening the CSR ....

i agree. Don't know what was really accomplished.

Yes with CSR's across all companies you get the good and the bad, glad we have DIRT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts