Dish Pro LNB Connection for my RV (Tripod)

rkassl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 16, 2004
Wisconsin
In my RV for several years I have a 322 that has a Dish Pro LNB on a Dish 500 round dish. This LNB I was told has a built in switch that allows me to use one cable to the receiver in the RV to get both 110 and 119. This setup has work great. I found that the cable that I leave attached to the LNB needed to be replaced because the connector was damaged. I Removed the LNB and I found that there are actually four connectors numbered 1 to 4 and for the life of me i could not remember which one I used all these years. I called Dish NW technical support and they told me this is an impossible setup and referred me to a local dealer. I attached it to number one and could only get 110? All my settings were correct. Any idea what I am doing wrong? Check switch does not detect 119 at all? Reset and unplugging does nothing.

I have a spare LNB a Dish Pro with only 2 connections, 1 and 2. I would be happy right now with just 119. If I attach the cable to the 119 side which I think is one can I catch 119?

Thanks for any help!

Take a picture and post it of your LNB.

Sounds to me like you have a DP Quad LNB, but the only thing that would make sense for your setup is a Dishpro Plus Twin.

You should be able to use any port on the switch, run the check switch and you should be good.

The above poster is correct. Your first LNB (4 ports) is a DP Quad and the second (2 ports) is a DP Twin. Both are old by now since we stopped using them, and what you really want for your 322 is a DPP Twin (3 blue ports). Once you get that you will be set. Point the same as normal, if necessary, and use port 1 for the receiver.

Also, at the back of the receiver there will be two Sat In ports. These should both be connected to a DP Seperator, the other end of which connects to the feed from the dish. If you don't have one you should order that too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)