Make UHF remote my primary (only) remote on 722?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

agrahmann

Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Cambridge, mn
I'm running a system where I'd like to ONLY use a UHF remote (now labeled #2). It's fine just to use the remote as it is most of the time, but now that we're using a Sling Adapter, it stops the UHF remote from working anytime we're watching through the Sling (probably is making our other device - iPhone, iPad, etc - the remote #2).

So, the obvious fix would be to program our UHF remote as the primary in teh System Info screen. Any way to do that? I can't seem to get it to replace the IR remote.

I'm running a system where I'd like to ONLY use a UHF remote (now labeled #2). It's fine just to use the remote as it is most of the time, but now that we're using a Sling Adapter, it stops the UHF remote from working anytime we're watching through the Sling (probably is making our other device - iPhone, iPad, etc - the remote #2).

So, the obvious fix would be to program our UHF remote as the primary in teh System Info screen. Any way to do that? I can't seem to get it to replace the IR remote.

Also you have to do is give it the same remote address as found in system info. Flip the 2 over and it will say 1. it is just a piece of plastic a tab if you will.

Yes you can. I am doing that at home but I am on the road right now and don't quite remember how. Sure someone will jump in and tell you how.

Get system info up on your screen then flip the key over to the 1 side, open the battery compartment and flip the switch to UHF, themn press the record button three time address should change to UHF Pro from IR

IIRC that will not work if the OP has the 6.3 remote that originally came with the 722. There is no switch under the battery compartment for UHF/IR; it's an A/B band switch. Again IIRC, flipping the tab over to "1" will change the 6.3 remote into IR-only mode. He may need a tab that he doesn't have in order to switch to TV1 in UHF mode. I got a 6.3 out of Dish (for free ;)) when I was doing this, and it came with the full compliment of tabs to handle any Dish receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)