Dish Pro Plus Twin and Birdog Meter

dbajaer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 27, 2005
This question has been posted in the past and never answered fully. How to read the DPP Twin with a Birdog? I know the DPP does not switch until it connected to a receiver, there are some rumors that one can not use terminal one to connect to the meter. I am not having any luck seeing 119 on my meter. This comes about because we are a bit South and can not see the 110 Sat but still want to use the Twin to marry to a Dish Pro dual and get both 119 and 129 with a DPP signal so as to use only one line to the dual receiver. We hang the DPP twin onto a larger dish and its very hard to just swap LNBs so as to use a single or normal twin to check signal. Has anyone found a way to read the 119 signal with the Birdog from the DPP Twin?

Before I upgraded my meter to a super buddy,I always carried a dishpro single to point at 119.

The bird dog dose not do well with dpp equipment .

My Birdog works great on Dish 500 and Dish 1000.2 Dish setups. Has hicups on the 1000.4 eastern arc setup.. Does 61.5 fine, but have never figured out how to get it to see 72 and 77..

Great replies! I did some testing today on a rooftop, found if I isolate the DPP from both receiver and second dual, I can read 119 on the middle connection or I guess it would be #2. I could not exist without my Birdog Plus, I have found I can drain the battery very fast when hooking up to the output from the dual and DPP, and in fact carry a second battery as a back up. Trying to check signal at the receiver is best done with a switch test...I have three Birdogs each a newer version, the Plus is a great tool...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts