DISH PRO PLUS TWIN LNBF

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whitewolf

Original poster
Feb 7, 2010
Arizona
Is there some way to check one of those? I have a setup with a DISH 500. When I got it it worked. Was connected to a 311 receiver. Went on a camping trip with it and at the camground it worked for about 45 seconds and than nothing. Tested it at home again and found that there was no voltage going to the swithc. Got it swabbed out for a 381 that works fine in the house, but when connected to the mobile unit it cannot see the switch. I ordered a new DP Plus, but apparently it does not work either. I can switch it to the roof antenna and it sees the switch and works fine but on the mobile antenna it will not work. This is now two DP Plus's that apparently do not work.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Or try reaiming the mobile unit if you are aimed at only 119 the switch check will only see 119. The home unit you know is correctly aligned and it sees both satellites.

It is not

that the dish is not aimed correctly. The problem is that when I run the "check switch" it tells me that there are no switches present. I have found out that for the 311 receiver, the "ball is over", there is no voltage going to the LNB, but there is for the 381 receiver. I got another LNB and it is the same with that one. I find it hard to believe (though not entirely impossible) that both LNB's could be faulty, but I have a suspicion that it may be a problem with getting the 381 to look for the new LNB. Any thoughts on that?

It is aimed exactly the same way the roof mount is. The thing is that it does not see the switches whe I run check switch. Even if the dish was pointed in the wrong direction it should see the switch which is build into the LNB. And it does NOT see the LNB. It actually tells me that there is nothing connected. I have tried to switch the cables around, and they work on the roof unit but not the other way. There is voltage going to the LNB. I think the guy I bought it from sold me a non-functioning unit.

Which port are you hooking your coax to on the Dish Pro Plus, and why do you need a plus? Are you attempting to hook up 129 or something like that. Something doesn't make sense.

if the receiver is working fine at home but not working at the campground i would have to say that it is a wiring issue. try rerunning a cable from the lnb direct to the 381. You may have a barrel splice or another break in the line that has faulted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts