Dish Pro PLUS ???

DishPro Plus allow the stacking of signals so that if you have a DishPro Plus compatable Dual Tuner DVR you only need to run one line from the switch or LNB to the receiver instead of 2. :D

DP+ also allows a legacy receiver to hook to a DP+ switch without a DP Adapter(however, in the case of a DP+ Twin, you MUST have a DP receiver connected to power the switch. The second receiver can then be a legacy). DP+ is what they should have done from the beginning. Hopefully, they will upgrade the DP34s to DP+34s sometime soon.

So those of us getting 942s should be getting DP+ switches when the E* installers do their magic. I noticed that this extra hardware/setup is mentioned in the DBS review of the 942 as necessary for the proper functioning of the unit (to allow both tuners) as well as proper splitters at the box.

I hope my installer does this right.

shanewalker said:
So those of us getting 942s should be getting DP+ switches when the E* installers do their magic. I noticed that this extra hardware/setup is mentioned in the DBS review of the 942 as necessary for the proper functioning of the unit (to allow both tuners) as well as proper splitters at the box.

I hope my installer does this right.
A DishPro Plus Twin LNB is available for the Dish 500, so a two-room, two-tuner receiver install is possible without an external switch like the DPP44.

mdonnelly said:
A DishPro Plus Twin LNB is available for the Dish 500, so a two-room, two-tuner receiver install is possible without an external switch like the DPP44.
It might be more accurate to say two receiver, four tuner install using 2 cables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts