Dish Pro v. Legacy LNBs and Switches

Status
Please reply by conversation.
G

Original poster
My first post here. I currently have two Dish 500s with Legacy LNBs (one dish is for 61.5 (HD) and the other is for 110/119) hooked up to two SW21 switches. I currently have two receivers (a 4900 and a 6000). I want to add a third receiver (probably an 811) and replace my 4900 with a 510 (that Dish $99 deal looks pretty good). I realize that I will have to replace the SW-21s with a SW-64 in order to add an additional receiver. Here's my problem:

I WAS going to upgrade my dishes to SUPERDISH, but, alas, I live in Washington State so, I am SOL on SUPERDISH.

Is there any advantage to upgrading my LNBs to DishPro and going with a SW-34 switch (and getting the adapter for my 6000), OR, should I just get the SW-64 and wait and see what happens with Dish's new satellite next year? (The latter is the certainly the cheaper solution). I don't have long cable runs, and I doubt that I will ever have more than four receivers total (including two tuner DVRs).

If legacy LNBs and switches will work with DishPro receivers (which I THINK is the case) then perhaps the SW-64 is the way to go for now.

Any comments or suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

Dishnet is clear on leaving the old Diseqc 1.0 stuff, all the legacy heads and switches. Therefore I would seriously lean towards upgrading the switch to a DP34 and dishpro adapter for that 6000. If you'd like to wait, you could hold out for the nice DP+44 and do away with the dish pro adapter altogether.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)