Dish Quality Dept. Response to Email

skiz77

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 4, 2005
Just thought I'd share an email I received back from the Dish Quality Department less than 24 hours aftre I emailed them. I had noticed this past weekend the Football games were poor quality on Local Fox and CBS. I was happy to see they responded quickly and seems they are looking into it.

Dear ...,
Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in the DISH Network.
Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve
the quality of the DISH Network service.
Our Locals Engineers confirmed the video problems you were seeing on Boston
FOX and are in the process of trouble shooting with the provider. We did not
see the same issue on the CBS network, although, we are looking at a news
show in the morning which is very different than when football games are
playing. We will add these networks to a special interest list for
additional monitoring over the weekend when the games are airing. We will
be actively seeking a solution for the problems you are seeing. At DISH
Network we appreciate the time customers take to email their audio/video
quality concerns. Thank you for your patience and for being a valued
customer.

I got the following response regarding the Miami PBS station, which is almost unwatchable. It still hasn't been fixed, 4 weeks later!

Upon reviewing historical data on WPBT, it appears that the issue you mentioned is an apparent problem of interference perhaps due to the current location of our local facilities racks in the Miami area. As mentioned yesterday your issue was also forwarded to our Field Engineering team who indicated that they are presently doing site surveys in an effort to relocate our local racks to a better location. They could not give an exact ETA for the completion of this effort however they are aware of the problem and are taking actions to correct it in the near future.

Thank you,
EchoStar Satellite LLC
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

They might as well have sent you guys portions of the MIlwaukee phone book. It would have done as much good.

Most PQ issues on locals are simply due to their over-comression, necessary to squeeze all the locals into their limited bandwidth.

While some issues might be due to problems with local transmission/reception, they are almost always due to the above.

I had a problem a while ago and they fixed it.

I got to give these goys a lot of credit. They really do care and respond quickly.

I work at South Dakota PBS and our Sioux Falls station is carried on Dish. We do get calls from Dish Network Operations about picture quality. Many of the calls are generated by Dish Network viewers. We always work with them to fix any problems that come up. Sometimes we may be having transmission problems and sometimes it is a receive problem at the Dish Netwok site. If our transmitter happens to drop off the air Dish usually calls within 5 minutes to see what's going on.

My point is if you have a problem, give Dish a call. They do take the calls seriously and do get in contact with the local broadcasters to get them resolved.

Mike J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)