dish question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

storey13

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2008
Will I need the 5 LNB dish to get HD locals for the Paducah KY./Cape Girardeau, MO. market or will the 3 LNB dish be okay?

Also, as far as signal strength is concerned, does the 5lnb slimline dish get a better or worse signal than using the sidecar option?

You need a 5-LNB Slimline. The Slimline no longer has the sidecar, that's an older model that is not readily available now. I get great signal strength from my Slimline but when I upgraded I had to abandon the location the 3-LNB dish as trees were catching up with it so it's hard for me to say it's better because of other problems. I've read/heard that the Slimline is a better dish and some folks report an improvement.

You need a 5-LNB Slimline. The Slimline no longer has the sidecar, that's an older model that is not readily available now. I get great signal strength from my Slimline but when I upgraded I had to abandon the location the 3-LNB dish as trees were catching up with it so it's hard for me to say it's better because of other problems. I've read/heard that the Slimline is a better dish and some folks report an improvement.

Thanks for the reply. What sat are the HD Cape/Paducah locals on?

I can't answer that one. Sorry, I should have said that 119 has the SD locals. Most likely the HD version will come from one of the new sats at 99 or 103.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts