DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Amusing

A mere seven days ago this thread was going batcrap crazy as so many had copious amounts of drool streaming with the eager anticipation of additional HD channels lighting up. A week later we find that those drooling had dehydrated themselves needlessly and nothing has changed, yet again.

A mere seven days ago this thread was going batcrap crazy as so many had copious amounts of drool streaming with the eager anticipation of additional HD channels lighting up. A week later we find that those drooling had dehydrated themselves needlessly and nothing has changed, yet again.

You say the Batcrap channel is coming, and in HD?

Yes, things are a bit slow lately. :D

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yes...started to get very concerned that the apocalypse had occurred when I got on early this morning & this thread had no new posts since yesterday afternoon!

But wait it's not Wednesday, it will get crazy tomorrow, especially for if for any reason the uplink is late :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

After all this time,is anyone really going to care?I've given up on it,if they do they do,if they don't they don't.

After all this time,is anyone really going to care?I've given up on it,if they do they do,if they don't they don't.

I haven't given up yet just because I'm in an SEC state and want that network but I'll be fine until it launches in Aug. I know what has been reported but I truly don't believe that Dish will carry it until the rest of the Disney channels are renewed...JMHO

I haven't given up yet just because I'm in an SEC state and want that network but I'll be fine until it launches in Aug. I know what has been reported but I truly don't believe that Dish will carry it until the rest of the Disney channels are renewed...JMHO

Yep, and if a deal WAS done, you would think Dish would have pimped the new content BIG TIME during the price jacking this last month. But nothing on Disney/ESPN or this new SEC.

Said reports of SEC being done are worth nothing. Believe it when you see it, not before.

DudeWaiting.gif

Yep, and if a deal WAS done, you would think Dish would have pimped the new content BIG TIME during the price jacking this last month. But nothing on Disney/ESPN or this new SEC.

You keep conveniently ignoring or I suppose really do not understand that DISH should not say a word about anything until the contract is completed. Your hypothesis is simply wrong, nothing has been said by either side, as it should be.

If it makes you feel better, how's this, DISH has committed to having the SEC. At this time it is not official and they are not carrying it until the contract with ESPN/Disney is completed. To further make you feel better the contract may never be signed and you will be able to complain that DISH is not carrying the SEC. Bluegrassboy75 laid it out quite well.

You keep conveniently ignoring or I suppose really do not understand that DISH should not say a word about anything until the contract is completed. Your hypothesis is simply wrong, nothing has been said by either side, as it should be.

If it makes you feel better, how's this, DISH has committed to having the SEC. At this time it is not official and they are not carrying it until the contract with ESPN/Disney is completed. To further make you feel better the contract may never be signed and you will be able to complain that DISH is not carrying the SEC. Bluegrassboy75 laid it out quite well.

Contract completed? I thought it was being reported that it WAS done . . . . Was "reported" by "sources" that it was settled. . . .

Must be quite an agreement that takes 5 (?) months to review. And yes, I know attorneys bill hourly.

Given the length of time involved, I'm not sure I am buying any longer that any such agreement, in principle or otherwise, even exists. My "sources" and "gut" say differently. Call me a Juan convert.

Couldn't care less about the SEC, BTW. Just seems like another fishy element in all this rainbows and unicorns thread ("just you wait, you'll see.")

Last edited:
Reported by? Some have speculated as we all do here that it might be done but for final details all large contracts have to finish. But I can't remember anything even semi official.

Maybe there waiting till March Madness comes around, or maybe there not doing much talking but exchange of emails when they get around to it:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

problems with DVD and DVR since hooking up new TV

Is this the same ehd ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)