DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

The last unofficial word I got from both sides is they believe a deal will be reached.

Of course until the deal is signed it's all subject to change.

But to me it is nice to see both being positive. And that makes my gut feel good. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Does the gut have any indication or care to speculate if some HD Feeds will be coming back :D

I have not heard anything but I personally would expect the HD feed upon the completion if the new contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not heard anything but I personally would expect the HD feed upon the completion if the new contract.

That would be great if it happened, it would put the icing on the programing cake. All this talk about guts and icing, time for lunch :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just hope, and I may be a bit ahead of things here, that something in the talks is the SEC Network. Only thing is that I've heard they will want it broadcast nationally whereas I'm sure DISH will want to do it by region or MS pack. Wouldn't mind if they allowed SEC and Longhorn in a mini pack of some type. :)

I just hope, and I may be a bit ahead of things here, that something in the talks is the SEC Network. Only thing is that I've heard they will want it broadcast nationally whereas I'm sure DISH will want to do it by region or MS pack. Wouldn't mind if they allowed SEC and Longhorn in a mini pack of some type. :)

agree, and i see Texas getting both SEC Network and The Longhorn Network on the top 120 plus package as The Longhorn Network is University of Texas owned and SEC Network would be needed for the Aggies fans as Texas A&M is a SEC conference team now. i also wouldn't be surprise to see the other states with a team in the Big XII conference get LHN in the top 120 plus package as if they have to, ESPN could turn it into the Big XII network if they wanted to.

That would be nice. Options are always a good thing. That would make one kick ass sports pack!

Not sure about a knockout blow but a blow it would be.

I think it would effectively show who is the true leader in sports. That's all ESPN channels anywhere without the Sling. Only a handful of cable companies have it. I think it would be a nice make up by Disney for the years of not having the several channels they pulled that were in HD.

I think it would effectively show who is the true leader in sports. That's all ESPN channels anywhere without the Sling. Only a handful of cable companies have it. I think it would be a nice make up by Disney for the years of not having the several channels they pulled that were in HD.

Sure thing. I've used it quite a bit with Fios and even though I'm no longer on a tier that supports it through Verizon I would love for DirecTV to add it in the future.

The last unofficial word I got from both sides is they believe a deal will be reached.

Of course until the deal is signed it's all subject to change.

But to me it is nice to see both being positive. And that makes my gut feel good. :)

I hope so. Yesterday I had to watch my Texas A&M Aggies is glorious SD on ESPNU. Really hope the new deal brings this channel in HD.

It should be in multisport and as a regional in the sec territory. I don't want to pay for, hell i don't want to pay for the shorthorn net either

agree, and i see Texas getting both SEC Network and The Longhorn Network on the top 120 plus package as The Longhorn Network is University of Texas owned and SEC Network would be needed for the Aggies fans as Texas A&M is a SEC conference team now. i also wouldn't be surprise to see the other states with a team in the Big XII conference get LHN in the top 120 plus package as if they have to, ESPN could turn it into the Big XII network if they wanted to.

They can't turn LHN into a Big 12 Network without partnering with Fox or buying all the 3rd tier rights and non football/basketball games from Fox. Most of the other Big 12 schools have sold those rights to Fox to air on the RSN's.

I've stepped up preparations for a Dish blackout to ensure I have access to watchESPN thru my relatives comcrap account, so I'm ready. If they give streaming rights along with all the HD's on all those ESPN and Disney channels that would be awesome and about time.

That is exactly what they should do with it. It would give the network a catalog of programing that they may actually be able to get providers to pick up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)