DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

That is what makes the SEC network different.... CBS gets first pick each week but after that ESPN controls the rest of the lineup. Now I'm sure some games will still be on ESPN/ESPN2 but I will be shocked if very many end up on espnU. I would expect a majority to go to the SEC network. Having one company (espn) control the vast majority of the games each week is what makes the SEC network different imo. For example: http://outkickthecoverage.com/sec-network-launches-with-texas-am-at-south-carolina.php

And to add. This is exactly how the SEC network will market the channel to providers. Get ready for "the only way you see so and so play is to get the SEC network. Please call your local provider."

Even if there are channel changes, I wouldn't expect to see anything in the uplinks until after the 30th.

Correct me please but reading a article, article also states PAC 12 channel would go dark as well? They fall under Disney as well? Basically the article I am reading, bar owner in California has dish because of PAC 12 and is worried it would be pulled?

Correct me please but reading a article, article also states PAC 12 channel would go dark as well? They fall under Disney as well? Basically the article I am reading, bar owner in California has dish because of PAC 12 and is worried it would be pulled?
I don't think Disney owns any part of PAC-12

All of us are paying for things we don't watch...

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Lets do some math.. How many times does .50 go in to $5.00? That's how many other channels I could get compared one way over priced espn channel.:eek:
Time for some sport packages. So if you want it you can pay for it.

Here's a question for everyone, if Dish does happen to drop all the Disney owned channels how long are you willing to hang in there until you switch to another provider? I'm willing to hang in there for about a month before I decide it's time to make a change. It's going to take a lot for me to switch from my Hopper set up and pay a cancellation fee.

Not too long. This is part of why I am using my 722K and not moved to a Hopper

Here's a question for everyone, if Dish does happen to drop all the Disney owned channels how long are you willing to hang in there until you switch to another provider? I'm willing to hang in there for about a month before I decide it's time to make a change. It's going to take a lot for me to switch from my Hopper set up and pay a cancellation fee.

I don't see myself switching as well. If it does happen and I don't think it will and am going with Scott's gut :)

I have a two Hopper/one Joey set up and I think we will live without Disney for the short term for sure Now would I call and discuss some programming credits, that I would.

Lets do some math.. How many times does .50 go in to $5.00? That's how many other channels I could get compared one way over priced espn channel.:eek:
Time for some sport packages. So if you want it you can pay for it.

The problem with that math is that it doesn't consider how much that $.50 would go up if ESPN was no longer factored into every package. Drop ESPN from any package and many current subs would dump that package.

This is not correct. PAC12 was done last September and has zero to do with Disney. Reporting fail!

Im really tired of hearing that statement

Seems to be the same debate over and over again. The people who don't watch sports complain and the ones who do defend it by saying they don't watch the other channels out there. I'm a big sports fan and am willing to pay but I also watch a lot of other channels. I can understand why people want sports moved into a different group since they cost so much more. It would be different if they were more comparable in price but it's not even close.

problems with DVD and DVR since hooking up new TV

Is this the same ehd ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts