DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

The fact that they are still talking to me is good news. If talks were not going good the channels would be off NOW.

My gut is saying we could see an announcement by tomorrow night. But my head is saying don't listen to my gut. Not sure who is correct here.
I know what you meant, but I didn't know you were an arbitrator :D

I think Scott's head is concerned because the 3-day extension is ridiculously short for a billion dollar deal that has hit a snag. There was also scuttlebutt that Autohop is one of the snags in the negotiations. (I hadn't heard that one earlier.) Scott's gut is still feeling good because of the lack of crawls telling us to go to another provider, and because the ESPN President predicts success. He'll certainly have egg on his face if no deal is made.

Which way will it go? Probably nobody knows, even insiders. When is the 3-day extension up?

I think Scott's head is concerned because the 3-day extension is ridiculously short for a billion dollar deal that has hit a snag. There was also scuttlebutt that Autohop is one of the snags in the negotiations. (I hadn't heard that one earlier.) Scott's gut is still feeling good because of the lack of crawls telling us to go to another provider, and because the ESPN President predicts success. He'll certainly have egg on his face if no deal is made.

Which way will it go? Probably nobody knows, even insiders. When is the 3-day extension up?

I agree, so much money is involved Disney has a lot of incentive to keep programming flowing to Dish as long as the process seems to be making progress. I predict continued short term agreements unless the negotiations completely stop. Autohop is probably just one of many issues still to be completely hashed out.

If people are annoying some of you over and over why do you keep coming back into the thread? I don't understand that? Like one of you said..... if there is news the title will change.

I did check thinking whoa better check this out to see what we have, we have something just some nice sd stretch vision :)

Last edited:
hehehe Diabolical I am.

I sort of figured after the the scroll post,everyone would just ignore me.:D

I swear,no more tomfoolery about espn and dish.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)