DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

I agree Scott and I did not mean anything derogatory with that posting. It's just, in all of this, the way I feel (maybe I'm the only one I don't know) sometimes. I work for City Government. SO, I understand totally about being in the middle and how things work.

I totally got your meaning. I feel the same way. When they raised the price of the AEP by $15 I was kinda thrown off. I figured OK they will make all those channels HD and add some of the premiums channels we don't have. I was wrong. They haven't added a thing to it. The good news is they keep having these half off for 6 month deals. So if they still do that I really have no complaint. I would just like to at least see all the premiums in HD

You have the right to voice your opinion my friend. I'm not one to tell anyone if they complain to move on to another provider. That's the easy response. It can be frustrating when they raise prices add taxes and tease with channels being blacked out.

Does anyone know how these contract talks are held? Is this something that is done face to face..... or is it handled another way? Are these talks being held in LA or someother location....... just curious how these sort of contract discussiosn are normally handled?

Thanks

Does anyone know how these contract talks are held? Is this something that is done face to face..... or is it handled another way? Are these talks being held in LA or someother location....... just curious how these sort of contract discussiosn are normally handled?

Thanks
Lawyers get together, order out lunch and dinner, watch some free Dish provided PPVs. In between the Swedish massage and the stone therapy, they'll bring something up that has to do with the contract, but that conversation is usually drowned out by soft jazz playing over the speakers.

I assume, because otherwise, I'm not certain what could take so bloody long.

I love Dish and I would never go with Direct. Just trying to articulate a feeling. :)

As said many times on here, it's just TV. I have no reason to love Dish or hate Direct (or visa-versa). If Direct offers a better value or more channels I like then I will switch.

Of course I do. And thank you for talking down to me.

'Tis how it is with some people. Disagree with them or state an opinion they disagree with and you are an ignorant hillbilly that doesn't understand how the world works. I get this kind of response on my blog all the time.

I am with you. As a consumer, I feel caught in the middle, under contract, with no other choices. Here in Podunk city, population 345, we have four choices, Dish, Directv, Time Warner, and antenna. Time Warner is prohibitively expensive and uses equipment that hails back to the Adelphia days. (Awful, antiquated equipment that even the installers are embarrassed to install) With the antenna I can either get six channels from Toledo or six channels from Fort Wayne. So it is either Dish or Directv, and I have had both. I switch every few years to try and save on cost.

In the meantime, other costs continue to escalate. I am disabled, so we are basically a one income family. Our insurance costs are going up in January and Ohio Gas just raised our budget by 60%. I am not whining, it is what it is. Costs go up, while wages continue to decline or stay the same. Consumers, especially those who are on the lower end of the economic spectrum, face increasing economic pressure as costs continue to climb. Of course, having Dish is not essential, but we do love to watch TV and not being able to would certainly be disappointing. (As someone with chronic pain and debility, TV often becomes the one thing that can take my mind off the pain, especially on days when the pain meds are not working as well as they should.

As much as I love watching sports, I am concerned about the ever-escalating costs for sports.

Thanks

Good question. I can only guess what happened and why it is taking so long. DISH showed the DISNEY lawyers the HOPPER, any who did not have it switched to DISH, and thus had to disqualify themselves.

Seriously, and I don't pretend to have any idea in this case, when negotiations are going well from my experience from a very small basis compared to this, you meet face to face, sometimes if there really is just one hang-up then it includes with someone at the table from both sides that can officially say they accept. It shows good faith that you believe the other side is negotiating in good faith and that both want a resolution.
Should it not be going well, either lower level negotiators/lawyers meet or at some point it is not in person for awhile.

I'm positive talks will break down next Friday morning and they'll pull all their networks at midnight so I'll end up missing OU/Texas on ABC.

And before the antenna gang swoopes in to scream "free over the air", I can't receive over the air where I live. Such is the life of someone who live in Canyon Country, California.

I'm positive talks will break down next Friday morning and they'll pull all their networks at midnight so I'll end up missing OU/Texas on ABC.

And before the antenna gang swoopes in to scream "free over the air", I can't receive over the air where I live. Such is the life of someone who live in Canyon Country, California.

Man I hope that doesn't happen. I know how important that game is to you guys! Good luck on the rest of your season by the way. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)