DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

I hear ya..... I could be watching ESPN U on Comcast right now....

Let go. Take a deep breath, call DISH tell them you are switching because they don't have ESPN U in HD, and pay your money to another carrier. It's really that simple. ESPN U in HD is obviously very important to you, DISH may never have it in HD, who knows. Why wait, why not just get Comcrap (Sorry Comcast) now?

Let go. Take a deep breath, call DISH tell them you are switching because they don't have ESPN U in HD, and pay your money to another carrier. It's really that simple. ESPN U in HD is obviously very important to you, DISH may never have it in HD, who knows. Why wait, why not just get Comcrap (Sorry Comcast) now?

I want ESPNU in HD bad too but not enough to lose sleep over it. I'm like you Tamp8 I'm just going to wait and see what happens. No need to rock the boat right now.

That's really my point. It's never been closer than now to finally getting it all done, and presumably the Disney channels in HD. But I'm guessing there is a reason someone subscribes to DISH and not another provider. So very likely people subscribed to DISH for other reasons, maybe because they cost less in their case, perhaps the Hopper. Whatever the reason, they did it with the Disney channels they way they are, or are out of contract. This is why there are different carriers, and you pick the one that best fits your needs, and hope but not expect the missing things will come. It would be like subscribing to Charter in my area because overall it was what you wanted, but it didn't have EuroNews, and then keep complaining that you could be watching it on DISH.

I want ESPNU in HD and WatchESPN access. My only decent form of broadband is centurylink DSL and they have no plans to add ESPN3 access. The Disney suite would be a nice return, especially now that my niece is a toddler and it would make tv viewing more bearable when my brothers family visits. But I am just glad we have the channels still.

After having WatchESPN with time warner, I can say that's one thing I miss. I hope if Dish has to pay an arm and a leg we get all the HD. Would be a bit** to have our bill go up and be stuck in the same SD rut.

ESPN3 will never be better than SD...

That's not true. I have used it on my 360 for years and some of their HD broadcasts look much better than SD. Some of the small games don't look great but the simulcast of games on the main channels look 100% better than SD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's not true. I have used it on my 360 for years and some of their HD broadcasts look much better than SD. Some of the small games don't look great but the simulcast of games on the main channels look 100% better than SD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep, 720p looks better than 480i on every HDTV. Actually the Mizzou Vandy game looks as good as Dish ESPN.

Last edited:
Still another weekend almost gone and no ESPNU in HD yet. Come on Dish/Disney - make a deal and lets get it and WatchESPN going!! I don't lose sleep over it but its been way to long of being behind the other guys in these services.

Still another weekend almost gone and no ESPNU in HD yet. Come on Dish/Disney - make a deal and lets get it and WatchESPN going!! I don't lose sleep over it but its been way to long of being behind the other guys in these services.
I think your post will put the contract negotiations over the top and finish it off. ESPN U in HD for everyone tonight thanks to another post saying 'get it dun'.

ESPN3 will never be better than SD...

I stopped watching the Oklahoma State/Kansas State game that was in SD on Gameplan, and streamed the game from ESPN3, it was way better looking. Was it 60 frames a second? No, but I'll take clear 30fps over fuzzy 60 fields SD.

at the end of the day..Dish doesn't care..they have hordes of customers that have lived without ESPN-U in HD for a looooooong time..the only deal charlie cares about is one that will make him richer

at the end of the day..Dish doesn't care..they have hordes of customers that have lived without ESPN-U in HD for a looooooong time..the only deal charlie cares about is one that will make him richer
History has shown you can say the same about espn/disney but worse!!!!!

Likely true...and something tells me that Charlie has whatever he wants in HD at his house(s) anyways, regardless if we do or not.

I was trying to watch the AUB/OLE Miss game last night on ESPN U. The picture is horrible. I would click on ESPN/ ESPN 2 and can only wish we get ESPNU-HD. I guess another season will go by and we still want get the "U " in HD...

My back door around all these problems are that I have parents with Verizon, in-laws with DirecTV, and a brother with Comcast. Through all of them, I get Watch ESPN and every premium (except HBO) on my iPad. Hook the iPad to the TV, and there I go, all the content I want that Dish doesn't provide. I don't need to go through the hassle of switching satellite dishes to DirecTV, or paying the hefty rogering that cable costs up here in Middle New England. Where I live, there is no FiOS or U-Verse. It's Comcast or one of two satellite companies. And, I actually like having EPIX (go figure) and prefer Red Zone over Sunday Ticket. So, for me, it's Dish. Sum it up: Find people who will share their account access with you, and you can back door things like ESPN U in SD. BTW, hasn't anyone noticed the crap these sports nets and RSNs have been pulling, making SD look every crappier lately. Go back five years and examine SD game coverage. It was much better than now. It's time to tell the fossils out there that SD is dead, and we're pulling the plug. There's no need for their argument of not having enough money to switch their tv. Hook up a 612 or 722 or 722k (i'm not sure if 612 is in HD so have fun tearing me apart if I'm wrong) to your big ancient tube and guess what? ESPN in HD, connected to your SD TV, looks exactly the same as ESPN SD these days. Kill it off already! Save room on the Satellites and pay for one feed!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)