DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Of course without sites like this, no one would even know there was a negotiation going on right now. Of course only a tiny fraction of Dish viewers even find sites like this, so for most people, it is business as usual without the worry.

My back door around all these problems are that I have parents with Verizon, in-laws with DirecTV, and a brother with Comcast. Through all of them, I get Watch ESPN and every premium (except HBO) on my iPad. Hook the iPad to the TV, and there I go, all the content I want that Dish doesn't provide. I don't need to go through the hassle of switching satellite dishes to DirecTV, or paying the hefty rogering that cable costs up here in Middle New England. Where I live, there is no FiOS or U-Verse. It's Comcast or one of two satellite companies. And, I actually like having EPIX (go figure) and prefer Red Zone over Sunday Ticket. So, for me, it's Dish. Sum it up: Find people who will share their account access with you, and you can back door things like ESPN U in SD. BTW, hasn't anyone noticed the crap these sports nets and RSNs have been pulling, making SD look every crappier lately. Go back five years and examine SD game coverage. It was much better than now. It's time to tell the fossils out there that SD is dead, and we're pulling the plug. There's no need for their argument of not having enough money to switch their tv. Hook up a 612 or 722 or 722k (i'm not sure if 612 is in HD so have fun tearing me apart if I'm wrong) to your big ancient tube and guess what? ESPN in HD, connected to your SD TV, looks exactly the same as ESPN SD these days. Kill it off already! Save room on the Satellites and pay for one feed!
Of course SD looks crappier now because you have a HD set, not a SD tube tv when there was no HD coverage or mentions of HD, and even when HD started, it was too damn expensive at the time(think plasma sets for 5-6000 bucks).

Of course without sites like this, no one would even know there was a negotiation going on right now. Of course only a tiny fraction of Dish viewers even find sites like this, so for most people, it is business as usual without the worry.
till the channels disapeer:eek: then they find sites like this

Of course SD looks crappier now because you have a HD set, not a SD tube tv when there was no HD coverage or mentions of HD, and even when HD started, it was too damn expensive at the time(think plasma sets for 5-6000 bucks).

In one of my living rooms, yes I have two (actually 3, but one substitutes as my daughters' playroom) I have the same TV I bought at a black Friday sale back in 2006. That's my comparison. SD has become worse. That TV is a 1080i LCD Set. I upgraded to HD a week later. So, like I said, SD is purposely worse today. And, it's time to kill it.

In one of my living rooms, yes I have two (actually 3, but one substitutes as my daughters' playroom) I have the same TV I bought at a black Friday sale back in 2006. That's my comparison. SD has become worse. That TV is a 1080i LCD Set. I upgraded to HD a week later. So, like I said, SD is purposely worse today. And, it's time to kill it.

100% agreed,SD is way more compressed via dish and dtv,than it ever used to be.Makes no difference if you have tube,lcd,or plasma.Some of our family and neighbors still have sd only sets,and the video quality is atrocious compared to what it used to be.For a comparison,try a netflix show or movie in sd,then compare it to a show on dish or dtv in sd,you will definitely see a difference.

Your exactly right. I would have had no idea on a lot of stuff without this site.

Your absolutely right about
Satguys.
When I loose signal and I know it's not local weather, I come here first to find out if others are having the same problem.

There is no garuntee that dish will bargain for ESPNU HD

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Maybe this will be the week that all this will be put to rest and some sort of new agreement between DISH/Disney will be reached....... that will include the missing HD channels..:)

There is no garuntee that dish will bargain for ESPNU HD

More likely Disney is packaging ESPN in a way that pretty much means Dish has to buy every channel both in SD and HD or pay more. The court documents from the last dispute showed that Disney gave discounts for more channels being carried as a volume discount. The more subs you have with more channels the bigger the discount.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts