DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

It looks like in the end both disney and dish will get what they want.

Dish will get better pricing from disney along with disney channels in Hd.

On disney owned and operated stations auto hop will not. work.

Both sides get a victory in these talks.

At least that is how I think it will end.

It looks like in the end both disney and dish will get what they want.

Dish will get better pricing from disney along with disney channels in Hd.

On disney owned and operated stations auto hop will not. work.

Both sides get a victory in these talks.

At least that is how I think it will end.

Auto hop will work but how much will the consumer pay

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Why don't they just up the Hopper fee to $30. Give the hike to Disney and be done with it. I don't have a Hopper so this solution works for me. ;)

i found out what there doing !! there still trying too figure out whos going too pay for the food order noone whats too pick up the check an pay dish says espn should pay espn says dish shou;ld pay . disney says there not pay for anything .

If they lose the autohop feature it sure will screw up their entire marketing and branding of..."the Hopper".

Shouldn't matter. It didn't have the feature when the Hopper was originally released. Honestly I don't think the Autohop feature is that important. I like it but do not use it a ton. I don't think people are buying the Hopper just because of this feature. The Hopper has so many other great features that are better.

Autohop is MUCH better than 30 second skip or FF. I can't see how anyone can make an honest assessment otherwise. With Autohop you don't do anything, the commerical just gets skipped. With either of the other options you have to manually do something. Is it a big deal to push the 30 second skip button 6 or 7 times, no, but would I rather just sit there and have the box do that for me itself - YES! What is the logical argument that 30 sec skip or FF is better?

Just to add on to my previous comment. When given autohop option at the beginning of the show to enable or not enable. Does anyone select do not enable on purpose? If so please explain why. And if the answer is because I like to watch the commercials then we are probably just too different to have a conversation on the matter :)

Also auto hop only works the next day.
I wonder how many folks are willing to wait for the next day in order to use auto hop?

I believe Scott had stated that not to many dish customers use the auto hop feature.

I wonder how many folks are willing to wait for the next day in order to use auto hop?

I believe Scott had stated that not to many dish customers use the auto hop feature.
you do realize there are only a handfull of tv stations involved in the talks..dish has won in court and if Disney wants a deal done "autohop" should be no big deal?

I didn't realize that it wasn't there originally. I'm new to Dish, and the Hopper, as of just a month ago. I will say that me and my wife use the autohop feature all the time. We love it to death and would be pretty letdown if they are forced to strip it away.

A guy from Dish called today to check on how we were liking Dish after having it for a month now. I told him I loved it other than the disputes and the missing channels. I went on and on about it and he ended up giving me three PPV certificates. I made it clear I was happy other than all of that mess. That's true, I really am, I just want this resolved sooner rather than later.

Well only a small portion of Dish customers have probably upgraded to a hopper. I would bet that just about all hopper customers select the yes option to auto hop if they are watching a PTAT show the next day. Why wouldn't they?

Overall most of Dish's customers aren't using auto hop because it isn't available to them. As we go forward, that percentage will continue to increase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)