DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Sorry, but I call BS. ESPN U has never been in HD on Dish. If it was that important to a customer, he/she should have done their homework ahead of time.

That's my point
..read dome of the posts here

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Again, I'll repeat. ESPN U was never in HD on Dish. So no one ever subbed to Dish because they thought they would get that as part of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So dish customers are SOL?

No, we wait and see what the negotiations produce.

There will be no change before the current negotiations are complete.

So dish customers are SOL?

My posts were in response to other posts that seemed to imply that ESPN U in HD was taken away (harming customers under contract). I was just stating that that is not the case. To your point, Dish customers are SOL until Dish and Disney come to a carriage agreement for the HD version of the channel. But, that's no different than for any other channel.

I do agree with your sentiment but,we have to realize that both Dish and Disney are constantly in negotiation with other providers,and networks.It's a never ending cycle.Just the ones I have read about here,Dish has been negotiating with at least 3 this month alone,probably others we haven't heard about.

Agree it's a continuous cycle, but it should not take this long. What if all business' took a year to negotiate deals?????? Most would be out of business, because they could not structure new deals because they would not know the cost of doing business. Dish has a bad reputation for this type of bs..............don't seem to hear of this long drawn out negotations with Direct or the cable companies

Yes, a horrible reputation if you are the one providing the programming and asking for the moon. I guess it can't be said too many times. DISH has lower package price points and overall is lower than just about anyone else. (At least for the one, two maybe three room set-up) Not having a channel for awhile or sometimes at all is the trade off. ESPNU in HD as a focal point is a joke. In fact any of the Disney channels that are not in HD to be the source of people crying is a joke. Just get Direct TV or Cable and enjoy them in HD. It's one thing to let DISH know and express you want the deal done and want those channels in HD, but another to want DISH to just pay the piper at the expense of paying more than we have to.
DISH has the reputation because I agree they just about invented this, and others are just now waking up and realizing they should have been holding the line better. Direct TV has more channels pulled, not picked up and disputes over the last year or so than I can ever remember including right now.

It may be about more than just the cost with affiliates, but our right to advancements like auto-hop, which to this point the Courts agree there is little likely hood of the Networks winning in a suit. Between DISH and Aereo the Networks had better come up with a plan other than making everything illegal.

Last edited:
I don't give a sh*t how long it takes as long as the ESPN channels are still up during college football season. I want ESPNU HD just as much as anyone but I won't keep harping on it. That being said if someone else wants to keep harping on it so be it. I have no problem with it.

I would like every channel DISH has to be in HD. And everyone should voice their opinion in it, that's what the forums are for. But blaming DISH for not simply paying what is being asked won't wash with those who want/need to slow down rising costs.

My posts were in response to other posts that seemed to imply that ESPN U in HD was taken away (harming customers under contract). I was just stating that that is not the case. To your point, Dish customers are SOL until Dish and Disney come to a carriage agreement for the HD version of the channel. But, that's no different than for any other channel.

sorry I didn't mean taken away..But ESPN-U HD is a must have channel 13-14 Saturdays a year!!!!

sorry I didn't mean taken away..But ESPN-U HD is a must have channel 13-14 Saturdays a year!!!!

Must have? I think I can count on one hand the number of times that a game I wanted to watch was on ESPN-U recently. Now the ESPN Alternate feeds, that's another story.

Must have? I think I can count on one hand the number of times that a game I wanted to watch was on ESPN-U recently. Now the ESPN Alternate feeds, that's another story.

I can count on one hand the number of games I've watched on ESPN Alt in the past years. On the other hand, ESPNU pretty much is where the AAC is delegated, so fans of those schools want it in HD.

Having ESPNUl in HD is not a make or break thing to me. It would be great but as long as I'm getting the channel I'm happy.

As for the people saying that it's ridiculous to have negotiations take this long, would you be rushing it if you were running the company and you had billions of dollars on the line? This is some negotiation with some third tier programming, this is big time. These are major channels that hit a few very large demographics. As long as the channels are remaining on TV, I say take your time and get a good deal done that benefits us all.

Not make or break, but would be icing on the programing cake with the other Disney channels being brought back in HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts