DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

This reminds me of when the Patriots were thisclose to resigning Wes Welker.

Sorry, I'll believe it when the ink is dry. :D

I agree this is political nonsense. If Disney channel does get pulled they will claim that Dish does not want Disney ESPN and never had serious talk.

Until the contract is signed, it does not happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Isn't it strange that reports like these seem never to mention high definition?

I predict that Dish Network will also restore the HD it used to carry from Disney/ABC programmers.

(Thank you, Scott!)

Isn't it strange that reports like these seem never to mention high definition?

I predict that Dish Network will also restore the HD it used to carry from Disney/ABC programmers.

(Thank you, Scott!)
Probably because HD is now the norm.

There is room for the Disney HD's.

Scott, are you saying Dish could pull in the entire ESPN/Disney HD family with this deal? What about all the bandwidth issues we always seem to hear about? Is that a thing of the past? This fall, you have quite a few football games going (in addition to all the 24/7 HD commits) and I wonder if Dish is at a point where they can truly get them all done in HD without robbing other channels (?).

Does Disney/ABC/ESPN,even offer sd channels anymore?I know that all the ESPN networks are only HD,DISH down rezzes them on their end.

As an employee, I truly hope this goes smoothly. I've been around for a few shutdowns, AMC, Big 10 (briefly) and others. The scope and magnitude of the crap hitting the fan with customers is beyond comprehension if ESPN, Disney, etc would go dark. It would be an "all hands" like nothing in a long time, expect we'd have to set up a cot at work and plan on being there 24/7. (Okay, not literally, but would feel like it)

So if Disney lost it's lawsuit over billing twice for both hd and sd versions of the same channel ,then there is no reason why DISH won't add back hd versions of Disney, Abc family etc that we lost a few years back. At least Scott said they lost their lawsuit over it. Thank God or we would all been looking at double priced bills,because if Disney got away with double billing, the other channels would of done the same thing.

Im like everyone on this thread. I would love to see ESPN-U HD come to exist.:D:D Its really hard to watch a football game in SD. I use to subscribe to ESPN gameplan but since none of the games are in HD I quit ordering it. For one some of those games can be picked up on a lot of the sports channels in the Multi-SPORT Pack. Im wondering also if these deal goes through if DISNEY JR SD and HD will be throwed into the mix. My son loves the Disney channel and Disney Jr would be a great addition.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)