DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

If a deal wasn't eminent,you would be seeing scrolls,advertisements,etc,telling you to call Dish before the channels are dropped.Just like all the others do,and have done in the past.Our local Raycom channel started announcements at least 2 months before they were pulled.The internet news sites would also be all over a story like that.So I'm not sure why you are so apprehensive about this.
This is monstrously flawed logic because you're comparing a few LIL stations to a national cable channel suite. Given that a relatively large number of customers have no horse in the race, there's little point in adding a crawl to a number of channels that leave no room for such things with their decidedly full complement of update bars and crawls.

It is important on ESPN's part to posture that a deal will be done as it sets DISH up as the party that failed to work it out if they don't come to an agreement.

This is monstrously flawed logic because you're comparing a few LIL stations to a national cable channel suite. Given that a relatively large number of customers have no horse in the race, there's little point in adding a crawl to a number of channels that leave no room for such things with their decidedly full complement of update bars and crawls.

It is important on ESPN's part to posture that a deal will be done as it sets DISH up as the party that failed to work it out if they don't come to an agreement.

I gotta ask.Did you completely miss the AMC and or Fox disputes?And I'm not talking about Fox local channels.If you did consider yourself lucky.There was plenty of advanced warning,plenty of scrolls,plenty of articles as well.Monstrously flawed lmao!

I gotta ask.Did you completely miss the AMC and or Fox disputes?And I'm not talking about Fox local channels.If you did consider yourself lucky.There was plenty of advanced warning,plenty of scrolls,plenty of articles as well.Monstrously flawed lmao!

I was thinking the same thing. I saw it and I wasn't even with Dish yet. In fact I waited till the AMC and Big Ten dispute was over before I had Dish installed. Your dead on Teehar

ESPN asked out of their contract for NASCAR carriage next year and has said they will allow NBCSN to start carrying it in 2014 but want compensation.

Does anybody have any idea if the new deal might include a different carriage agreement for ESPN Classic or would it remain part of the Multi-Sports package? Probably too soon to tell but was curious if anyone had an idea.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

How many channels are you talking? As a matter of fact, I don't watch AMC and I have little to no use for the Fox channels and I'm far from extraordinary in this. Those who are addicted to AMC are relatively hard core about one of their three popular shows (of which no more than two debut in any one week).

Fox and ESPN are starting the learn the lesson that MTV should suffer painfully for: there's a limit to how thinly you can spread a precious small amount of good programming across a large number of channels.

Fox and ESPN are starting the learn the lesson that MTV should suffer painfully for: there's a limit to how thinly you can spread a precious small amount of good programming across a large number of channels.
FOX isn't learning... if they were they wouldn't be taking some of their good shows off of FX and moving them to the new FXX channel.

I doubt that Dish pays by the channel. I'm sure it is a group of channels. It's the only way these networks can survive....

How many channels are you talking? As a matter of fact, I don't watch AMC and I have little to no use for the Fox channels and I'm far from extraordinary in this. Those who are addicted to AMC are relatively hard core about one of their three popular shows (of which no more than two debut in any one week).

4 during the AMC dispute.
1.AMC
2.IFC
3.WE
4.Sundance

roughly 22 channels during the Fox dispute
1.19 regional sport channels
2.Fx
3.Nat Geo
4.Nat Geo Wild

So again,I have no idea how anyone that subbed to dish during those disputes,missed all the scrolls and bickering.It's certainly fresh on my mind.

I don't think Fox is learning a thing.

19 rsn's (may be more or less currently)
2 news channels
2 entertainment channels (Fx Fxx)
2 educational channels (NAt geo and nat geo wild)
2 national sport channels

And that's only the channels that are currently on Dish,they have numerous others plus,all the Fox ota.

2 news channels

And that's only the channels that are currently on Dish,they have numerous others plus,all the Fox ota.

Fox of course had learned that spreading out your programming over more channels leaves more time for profitable infomercials and reruns.

My wife and I enjoy the programming that is on AMC. I wouldn't say we are "addicted". They have some great shows on that channel. Thanks to their Netflix deal more people are turning into Breaking Bad and Hell on Wheels. AMC is doing what it needs to do. I just don't get the animosity. It's TV man. Nothing more nothing less.

4 during the AMC dispute.
1.AMC
2.IFC
3.WE
4.Sundance

roughly 22 channels during the Fox dispute
1.19 regional sport channels
2.Fx
3.Nat Geo
4.Nat Geo Wild

So again,I have no idea how anyone that subbed to dish during those disputes,missed all the scrolls and bickering.It's certainly fresh on my mind.

2 news channels

If it hadn't have been football season and I missed 3 instate Big 12 games that were on FX and FSN, then I wouldn't have had a clue other than reading here. None of those channels (Fox or AMC) gets tuned in our house for regular programming.

If it hadn't have been football season and I missed 3 instate Big 12 games that were on FX and FSN, then I wouldn't have had a clue other than reading here. None of those channels (Fox or AMC) gets tuned in our house for regular programming.

But,my point still remains,you did know about it.

If Disney/ESPN maintains its posture that Dish Network will have to pay separately for HD channels, while othe carriers (such a DirecTv) gets them free of extra charge, I doubt that ESPN HD will be expanded on Dish. My view is we will end up with exactly the same package we have now, with only ESPN and ESPN 2 in HD, and the others carried in SD only. That will be the only way Dish will be able to maintain its current revenue/profit profile. Those individuals who will change carrier due to lack of ESPNU in HD will mostly have done so long since. With the addition of FoxSport1 and NBCSports, I can live without ESPNU in HD, especially if Dish carries the SEC SportsNet in 2014 when that goes live.

Regards,
Fitzie

With the addition of FoxSport1 and NBCSports, I can live without ESPNU in HD, especially if Dish carries the SEC SportsNet in 2014 when that goes live.

Regards,
Fitzie[/QUOTE]

Me too, but remember that ESPN owns SEC SportsNet, so it would be nice if that deal gets worked out during this negotiation so that we won't be worrying this time next year whether or not Dish will carry SEC SportsNet.

Directv has both Fox Sports 1 & 2 however there are no plans for them to carry the PAC12 network.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts