DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

If DISH does get the HD for the other channels, I don't expect them on the first, but maybe within the first week or two after the get the signals and test everything out.

Doesn't Dish get the HD feed of ESPNU and the other non HD Disney channels and just not downlink them? Don't they also just down convert them to SD for downlink?

If the uplink reports shows the channels in HD but not available, I think that would be a good indication that a deal is about to happen...

Don't remember but when AMC came back it didn't went to testing?

Plus as mention above if dish is already getting hd feed & down converting to SD then it can be made available in HD from day 1 of new contract

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...-espn-cudgel-in-next-pay-tv-fee-showdown.html

Above is the link to a report from bloomburg which states what is at stake between dish and disney.

As the report clearly points out that because of ESPN Disney believes it has the upper hand with dish that they will get a huge increase with Dish. If a contract is now signed expect our rates to increase by 15% or more come February.

Rates will go up in february regardless of the current talks as the article points out that dish has the lowest profit margin in the industry.

Last edited:
Since the lhn has been discussed I wonder if these discussions will also include the SEC network that launches next fall.... would be nice to see them confirm that as well.

The authors say Charlie was in dispute with Viacom, when in fact it was Directv, I think.

It was DirecTV that had the dispute with Viacom and pulled down those networks for a few days if I'm not mistaken.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

As the report clearly points out that because of ESPN Disney believes it has the upper hand with dish that they will get a huge increase with Dish. If a contract is now signed expect our rates to increase by 15% or more come February.

OK by me as long as ESPN isn't in my package any longer. ;)

Yeah as I said I'd love to have watchESPN - I also don't believe any future packages will NOT have ESPN. Just wouldn't make sense considering the need to have those packages help pay for it. We are now going on week 3 of CFB and still no ESPNU in HD :(

Why not just sling it? I did that with my phone at the Buckeye game. No need for watch ESPN app. At least for me.

If you want WatchESPN, there is a way. But you need someone with an account from another provider. Thanks Mom & Dad.

That is what I've done thus far but for some reason my mother in law's account thru the other provider keeps asking her to change the password so I have to keep on her for it...annoying.

Why not just sling it? I did that with my phone at the Buckeye game. No need for watch ESPN app. At least for me.

If you use the Watch ESPN app and you use it thru 4G you can sometimes get around the blackout's and watch better games vs slinging it when it may be blacked out in your area but not covered on a local station. My only issue with black outs is if you are going to put the damn game on a local station then put ANOTHER game on ESPN or ESPN2 to make up for it not just black out the stupid channel all together!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts