DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

JTBenson

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 4, 2006
Problem with sling is my kids are sometimes watching the tv. Also, want to be able to watch on Xbox sometimes.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
If Dish and ESPN reach a deal they will probably carry all the ESPN HD channels. The bigger question is if they will resolve the rest of Disney HD channels...

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
About two weeks left I was wondering as well when the deal is done (thinking positive and Scott's gut feeling :)) if it will also bring back the other Disney/ABC HD channels like ABC family. Would be nice as we watch the ABC family movies around christmas time HD makes it much better

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
I'm leaning towards it all gets resolved. However unlike most other disputes, it may be at a cost much more than DISH wants to pay, but will pay.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Yeah we are about 2 weeks into Sept - 3rd week of CFB and still no word. :(

Even if they already had a signed deal they would probably not announce it unless there was a chance of channels being cut off. Then ESPN would hint to the press about it to put pressure on Dish. Channels get renewed all the time and we do not hear about it.

Scherrman

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 14, 2008
Eastern Iowa
Just like every contract deal, you most likely will not know any details until the contract is final. Once again, everything we talk about here is just speculation other than the probability of a deal being reached. The details of the new deal will not be known for a few weeks so best to remain patient.

Laddyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 12, 2006
Central IL/SW FL/Big Island
Even if the ESPN contract deal is reached and is the one that expires September 30, unless the other Mouse channels contract expires at the same time, we may have to wait until the old one expires to see any changes in those channels.

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
If there wasn't a deal you'd probably see crawls on the channels vilifying Dish and a special Dish channel vilifying Disney.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
If there wasn't a deal you'd probably see crawls on the channels vilifying Dish and a special Dish channel vilifying Disney.
Yup you would see "Dish is planning on dropping ESPN from their lineup! Stop them now by calling..."

If you saw those then worry.

But again based on what I know and my gut things are moving along. :D (I would live to say what I know, but if I said it certain people would lose their jobs because the info I have is VERY specific., and I don't want that.

JSheridan

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2008
USA
Yup you would see "Dish is planning on dropping ESPN from their lineup! Stop them now by calling..."

But again based on what I know and my gut things are moving along. :D (I would live to say what I know, but if I said it certain people would lose their jobs because the info I have is VERY specific., and I don't want that.

I stopped worrying when you posted a couple of months back a similar but less specific message. :)

dvrexpander

SatelliteGuys Master
Aug 23, 2009
Near a tree

I don't need specific - the only thing needed to say is are we going to get ESPNU in HD and will there be streaming rights (watchESPN). That is a yes or no answer and neither one will point to any one person or persons. Yes or No.... pretty cut and dry if you ask me. But anyway if you don't say it then you don't say it, how about this if YES then just reply with a smile face, if NO then reply with a frown face.

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
I think a detail like whether the U is in HD would be specific enough to tip off the source. Patience, grasshopper. :)

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky

So you feel pretty good that the end result will please the consumers?

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
I don't need specific - the only thing needed to say is are we going to get ESPNU in HD and will there be streaming rights (watchESPN). That is a yes or no answer and neither one will point to any one person or persons. Yes or No.... pretty cut and dry if you ask me. But anyway if you don't say it then you don't say it, how about this if YES then just reply with a smile face, if NO then reply with a frown face.

You do realize that you ask for specific information right after claiming that you don't need it, right?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys