DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Well Seeking Alpha just posted this, although there is no evidence of anything... so not sure where they are getting this information. This goes against everything I know which was accurate up until last Friday. So with that said just passing it on. :)

Report: Dish Network and Disney talks stalled • 2:45 PM

• Speculation in the media industry is that discussions between Dish Network (DISH -1.5%) and Disney (DIS +0.4%) over carriage fee contract extensions aren't going well.
  • There's a growing suspicion from analysts that Dish CEO Charlie Ergen is bold enough to blackout ESPN in the middle of football season in order to make a point.
  • What to watch: Expect rhetoric to get heated as the contract expiration deadline of September 30 approaches. If Dish does pull the plug on Disney, the support from within the industry will be analyzed closely to separate the true sympathizers from the poachers.

To be honest, Ive already spoken with Directv and have an offer on file :), thats a good one. I wont be without ESPN this time of year. Come that Monday, if it isnt warm and fuzzy, Ill pull the trigger and move on before Directv gets backed up with installs around here from everyone switching LOL.

Charlie is the only one with the balls to drop espn. In all honesty I hope they drop it someone's got to stand up plus I could do with out espn for $7-$10 less per month.

Charlie is the only one with the balls to drop espn. In all honesty I hope they drop it someone's got to stand up plus I could do with out espn for $7-$10 less per month.

Do we really believe that we will save any money if the channels are dropped...I for one don't see that happening

ashutto20 said:
Do we really believe that we will save any money if the channels are dropped...I for one don't see that happening

Yes I do. I would love to see the sports pak go up to $21 and all packages get cut by $7 to $10. I don't think people should be forced to buy channels that so few people watch. :) just my opinion

Yes I do. I would love to see the sports pak go up to $21 and all packages get cut by $7 to $10. I don't think people should be forced to buy channels that so few people watch. :) just my opinion

We know that people would love to see that happen but do you truly believe Dish will lower the price of packages?

You are nuts if you think you'll get some decent price break, and even more crazy if you think only a few people watch the Disney suite...

Now I back to mostly ignoring this thread until demolition day. I have my offer from the other guy in my back pocket, all over but the waiting now.

Boy,if Dish drops ESPN,I bet we can really get some sweet deals from retention.They gave out rokus and credits for the AMC dispute,untelling what they may offer for something of this magnitude.That's why I don't see it happening.

Well just made some calls, and as far as these people know things are still going well. But these folks are not the ones at the table so who knows. :D

I'm on my iPhone so don't quote me.

But I believe espn has about 2.3 million daily viewers and espn2 has less then 300,000 daily viewers.

And yes i'm nuts lol.

Received a customer courtesy call from dish today gave them high marks and I was also asked to leave a message regarding my service. In my message discussed all the pluses and especially DIRT and said the only thing left is to bring back the Disney/ABC channels in HD for what it's worth :)

Last edited:
We know that people would love to see that happen but do you truly believe Dish will lower the price of packages?

If somehow espn was dropped and february rolls around w no deal in sight (dont think it will happen but for devils advocate) I see prices remain the same w a good chance they go up

problems with DVD and DVR since hooking up new TV

Is this the same ehd ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts