DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Problem with sling is my kids are sometimes watching the tv. Also, want to be able to watch on Xbox sometimes.

If Dish and ESPN reach a deal they will probably carry all the ESPN HD channels. The bigger question is if they will resolve the rest of Disney HD channels...

About two weeks left I was wondering as well when the deal is done (thinking positive and Scott's gut feeling :)) if it will also bring back the other Disney/ABC HD channels like ABC family. Would be nice as we watch the ABC family movies around christmas time HD makes it much better

I'm leaning towards it all gets resolved. However unlike most other disputes, it may be at a cost much more than DISH wants to pay, but will pay.

Yeah we are about 2 weeks into Sept - 3rd week of CFB and still no word. :(

Even if they already had a signed deal they would probably not announce it unless there was a chance of channels being cut off. Then ESPN would hint to the press about it to put pressure on Dish. Channels get renewed all the time and we do not hear about it.

Just like every contract deal, you most likely will not know any details until the contract is final. Once again, everything we talk about here is just speculation other than the probability of a deal being reached. The details of the new deal will not be known for a few weeks so best to remain patient.

Even if the ESPN contract deal is reached and is the one that expires September 30, unless the other Mouse channels contract expires at the same time, we may have to wait until the old one expires to see any changes in those channels.

If there wasn't a deal you'd probably see crawls on the channels vilifying Dish and a special Dish channel vilifying Disney.

If there wasn't a deal you'd probably see crawls on the channels vilifying Dish and a special Dish channel vilifying Disney.
Yup you would see "Dish is planning on dropping ESPN from their lineup! Stop them now by calling..."

If you saw those then worry.

But again based on what I know and my gut things are moving along. :D (I would live to say what I know, but if I said it certain people would lose their jobs because the info I have is VERY specific., and I don't want that.

Yup you would see "Dish is planning on dropping ESPN from their lineup! Stop them now by calling..."

But again based on what I know and my gut things are moving along. :D (I would live to say what I know, but if I said it certain people would lose their jobs because the info I have is VERY specific., and I don't want that.

I stopped worrying when you posted a couple of months back a similar but less specific message. :)

I don't need specific - the only thing needed to say is are we going to get ESPNU in HD and will there be streaming rights (watchESPN). That is a yes or no answer and neither one will point to any one person or persons. Yes or No.... pretty cut and dry if you ask me. But anyway if you don't say it then you don't say it, how about this if YES then just reply with a smile face, if NO then reply with a frown face.

I think a detail like whether the U is in HD would be specific enough to tip off the source. Patience, grasshopper. :)

So you feel pretty good that the end result will please the consumers?

I don't need specific - the only thing needed to say is are we going to get ESPNU in HD and will there be streaming rights (watchESPN). That is a yes or no answer and neither one will point to any one person or persons. Yes or No.... pretty cut and dry if you ask me. But anyway if you don't say it then you don't say it, how about this if YES then just reply with a smile face, if NO then reply with a frown face.

You do realize that you ask for specific information right after claiming that you don't need it, right?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

problems with DVD and DVR since hooking up new TV

Is this the same ehd ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts