DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

well, i see Disney and Dish have reached a short term deal and are in talks now for long term deal. but i want to know, now when does the short term expires. does it expires as soon as talks end or does it have a certain date. this is gonna be a long and busy month for us at Satellite Guys.

So disney/espn/abc knows they cant beat dish in court over auto hop...so it sounds like an ultimatum. ..add all channels plus 2 new ones and we wont worry about auto hop ...If not...duces ...your call

I have a feeling dish will call there bluff and try to not add 2 new channels which will lead to a busy day for csrs at dish

Should be interesting

Man,I wonder how many Ipads Charlie stocked up on?He's going to have to give a bunch away if the talks break down.

As to autohop,Disney is making that a big sticking point over 8 owned and operated ABC channels?Give me a break,evil,greedy,mouse!

I wonder how the Networks would feel if AutoHop was not available on the Hopper until 36 hours after the showed aired?

What would you guys think about that?

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

The AutoHop feature can be a sticking point given that whatever concession is made to ABC (if any) would need to applied to NBC, CBS, and FOX also (or Dish is buying a whole mess of trouble).

I don't see Dish killing AutoHop for anybody so I'm not sure what Disney/ESPN/ABC expects Dish to do? A longer time after broadcast? Only one AutoHop watch allowed for each show? Wish I could be a fly on the wall.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I wonder how the Networks would feel if AutoHop was not available on the Hopper until 36 hours after the showed aired?

What would you guys think about that?

I don't like that idea at all I wish it was same day within 5 minutes of show ending.

Don't even have a hopper,but why 36hrs?By that time the shows could have been watched online commercial free,on some streaming providers.24hrs should be ample time imo.

I don't even know why people like auto hop. For me, 30 second skip and 10 second reverse are much better and efficient than auto hop.

I like it, don't see any commercials skips right over. And of course don't have to touch the remote

Don't even have a hopper,but why 36hrs?By that time the shows could have been watched online commercial free,on some streaming providers.24hrs should be ample time imo.

This house is a "hopper free zone" :rolleyes:

I read somewhere that if a show is watched within so many hours after it airs on a DVR that it's still considered a live viewing this helps for ratings.

The 36 hours is just a timeframe I pulled out of the air.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts