DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

I get why people (especially OLDER people) would have a little trouble understanding it ~ that you need to record an entire network evening at least once a week to activate it. That is a little clumsy, right?

I always wondered if DISH made AutoHop a little tough to activate as a means of satisfying the networks. Clearly, with recent lawsuits and this ABC problem, the networks are not satisfied.

Well if you just turn it on it does all 4 networks every night by default. That is probably the way it is set up for the vast majority of people. Most of them probably don't even know they can select which networks and which nights.

Makes one wonder if Ergen developed a massively elaborate plot to develop the Autohop feature in order to turn it into a prized chess piece to be traded in specifically for the new ESPN contract.

Disney: Okay, we will give you the farm and WatchESPN, but you have to give up Autohop.
Dish: Umm... okay. *giggle*

Does a deal happen tommorow or do the mouse channels go dark?
They'll go dark, just to rile you up.

Makes one wonder if Ergen developed a massively elaborate plot to develop the Autohop feature in order to turn it into a prized chess piece to be traded in specifically for the new ESPN contract.

Disney: Okay, we will give you the farm and WatchESPN, but you have to give up Autohop.
Dish: Umm... okay. *giggle*

They'll go dark, just to rile you up.

Diabolical

Disney/ESPN logos missing

Anyone notice the logos for the Disney/ABC/ESPN group missing in the guide and on screen info bar? Something isn't adding up right if stuff is starting to disappear. Can somebody shed some light on the situation?

This was mentioned in the longer ESPN thread. Long story short, nobody knows what it means (if it means anything).

Optimists will tell you they are getting ready for HD feeds of ESPNU, ABC Family, Disney Jr.

Pessimists will tell you they are getting ready to yank the whole damn Disney bundle.

I know one thing - if they get yanked, we will get a ton of make-up crap. Will make the AMC Rokus look like nothing.

Yep. Same here. Local ABC still has the logos though.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)