DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

Well it looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking. Johnny, have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Is there a funnier movie ever made?

I'm predicting one way or the other we will hear this week about Disney/ESPN..

Since the humor has pretty much bottomed out, who wants to share their favorite recipes? ;)

Place your uncooked eggs in a pot of water, covered about an inch. Turn on heat. When it has come to a rolling boil, turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Adjust as necessary.

Prevents green edges if done right with fresh eggs.

Now, for my favorite gumbo recipe- I'M WELL ARMED!

OK folks...there has not been a free post to this thread in over twelve hours...we are clearly failing here as a community! Now lets get back to the important topic this thread was created for...getting Night Court reruns back on television!!! :strike: (Oh wait...that wasn't the topic? :doh:)

You asked, and it looks like your wish was granted :)

My Dish account has come out of hibernation again. Maybe ESPNU in HD will show up this year. I'm not counting on it, but it is unlikely that the two sides will come to a deal without that channel.

Noooooooooooo!!!!!! Whatever did we do before HD???
In a brief defense, before HD, we didn't have HDTVs... and the SD looked pretty good on the SD TV. SD on an HD screen is notably different than SD on an SD screen. And it is more noticeable for sports. And some SD sport signals look absolutely dreadful. Of course, back in the day, they probably didn't broadcast Eastern Middle Tenneesee Community College v Dreadul Liberty University.

Regardless, I propose Charlie Ergen give all Dish subs a free 27-inch, 60 pound SD TV! :D

Seems that some here have HD-ADHD.

They can't concentrate, but when they do, it's crystal clear.

Since the humor has pretty much bottomed out, who wants to share their favorite recipes? ;)

This one seems appropriate. From http://bertc.com/subfive/recipes/index.htm

Mouse in Cream (Souris à la crème)
Skin, gut and wash some fat mice without removing their heads. Cover them in a pot with ethyl alcohol and marinate 2 hours. Cut a piece of salt pork or sowbelly into small dice and cook it slowly to extract the fat. Drain the mice, dredge them thoroughly in a mixture of flour, pepper, and salt, and fry slowly in the rendered fat for about 5 minutes. Add a cup of alcohol and 6 to 8 cloves, cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Prepare a cream sauce, transfer the sautéed mice to it, and warm them in it for about 10 minutes before serving.

At least we still have the channels guys. In the meantime it's great to see so many of you with a great sense of humor. Will come in handy if this takes months to finalize an agreement :eek:

Noooooooooooo!!!!!! Whatever did we do before HD???

I don't know about you, but I personally used to punch myself in the stomach and run around the neighborhood in my boxer shorts singing Waterloo by ABBA. And that's when the title "The Fat Man" actually represented a guy who was really fat, kind of like how MTV used to play music.

Another college football weekend upon us and still no ESPNU in HD!!!!!!! OMGSAUCE!!!

I guess that means you'll have to watch college football in HD on NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX, ESPN, ESPN2, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, Fox Sports 1, or on the many of the Alt Channels that carry games from RSNs. Am I missing any???

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

At least we still have the channels guys. In the meantime it's great to see so many of you with a great sense of humor. Will come in handy if this takes months to finalize an agreement :eek:
And the vast majority of Dish subs are oblivious to the fact that this is even going on. Sometimes ignorance is bliss!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)