DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

No one knows, but I don't think it'll be that high.

Maybe not on some packages,but last year the increase varied from $5-$15 depending on package.That increase should have been in anticipation of the Disney renewal,so hopefully we won't see such a huge increase again.I'm hoping for no more than a $3 increase.

Talked to a Dish CSR this AM and she was laying down some *very* heavy hints about ESPNU and Disney family in HD coming to pass "in the next week" and "wouldn't that be a nice Christmas gift" to our customers. She was very careful with her words but sounded pretty confident at the same time.

The CSR experience can be a real crapshoot but she seemed to be one of the more 'on the ball' ones and it sounds to me like there is some internal company scuttlebutt about the switch getting flipped on next week.

At this point, I don't give a crap if we have to pay another $ 5 down the line. Let's just get it done already!

I'm betting anywhere from $8.00 - $10.00 increase as well. Boy it is really getting harder and harder to justify staying with satellite tv .
You mean Pay TV right? Cable is much worse than Sat TV.

These days, everyone wants their own channel and higher rates to show the exact same programming (*cough* Disney) or to show less programming (*cough* Fox). At least AMC had an argument because of their new original programming.
I want voom over Disney for sure...nice to have horror channel back

Sent from my XT1080 using SatelliteGuys mobile app
Dish already has C-Span 1 and 2.

Talked to a Dish CSR this AM and she was laying down some *very* heavy hints about ESPNU and Disney family in HD coming to pass "in the next week" and "wouldn't that be a nice Christmas gift" to our customers. She was very careful with her words but sounded pretty confident at the same time. The CSR experience can be a real crapshoot but she seemed to be one of the more 'on the ball' ones and it sounds to me like there is some internal company scuttlebutt about the switch getting flipped on next week. At this point, I don't give a crap if we have to pay another $ 5 down the line. Let's just get it done already!

While anything can happen I would be surprised (pleasantly) if The Disney channels all fired back up in HD by Xmas. But yes that would be a nice Christmas treat

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

While anything can happen I would be surprised (pleasantly) if The Disney channels all fired back up in HD by Xmas. But yes that would be a nice Christmas treat

I'm not sure I'd call it a treat until we know about the Feb. price hike that will follow it.

A CSR in the know! :D ;)

Or one that knows how to blow
something out of their.......

I prefer to believe that this for once, despite all experience, is accurate.

Now excuse me, I have a very important communication from Nigeria to answer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts