DISH Reaches Long Term Agreement with DISNEY / ESPN / ABC

RIP Autohop... at least for our household. We tend to watch most of our PTAT content within 72 hours.

Might have been Dish's plan all along to use it as leverage in negotiations. As usual customers get caught in the middle of all these games.

Glad to have it resolved, just how there are not more consumer concessions in the future. I know some think 3 days is no big deal and it's just the one channel, but I just worry It's just the beginning and others will want the same.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I was going to post how wrong I was because I said DISH would not give up on autohop. Reading everything though, I would say DISH blinked, but only one eye. And that is a wink.
People who really like autohop still have it. It will cut down on how many use it, but I think there are plenty of people who don't get to shows till sometimes three days later or so. I think it's an acceptable compromise especially if all the channels and digital agreements are true.

I was going to post how wrong I was because I said DISH would not give up on autohop. Reading everything though, I would say DISH blinked, but only one eye. And that is a wink.
People who really like autohop still have it. It will cut down on how many use it, but I think there are plenty of people who don't get to shows till sometimes three days later or so. I think it's an acceptable compromise especially if all the channels and digital agreements are true.

but,but,but,if autohop was/is a bargaining chip,then how did it save the customers any money?That is my biggest beef.

Glad to have it resolved, just how there are not more consumer concessions in the future. I know some think 3 days is no big deal and it's just the one channel, but I just worry It's just the beginning and others will want the same.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

but,but,but,if autohop was/is a bargaining chip,then how did it save the customers any money?That is my biggest beef.

Think of this way, this is most likely the template for other network agreements. Could be DISH says we will pay this with autohop, or we will pay this with altered autohop, but not we will have no autohop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts