Dish really has it figured out...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Just dropped Dish because they could not even give me a retention discount after being a customer for 5 years. Not sure who I'll go with now...

People have mentioned this before, but if you're looking to save money, look at the Latino packages. I get the Latino Dos and I get all the English channels I want except Versus/NBC Sports and NHL Network. I can get NHL Network with Multi Sport and still save money off AT 200. (I subscribe to this during hockey season, then cancel it). Versus is a different story and baffles me somewhat as other providers offer it in lower tiers. I"m hoping that with Versus getting the MLS contract that it will be put in a Latino package but we'll see. Otherwise, I miss the hockey games on Versus except the finals which I go watch with my brother on Direct SD and see how much better HD really is.

People have mentioned this before, but if you're looking to save money, look at the Latino packages. I get the Latino Dos and I get all the English channels I want except Versus/NBC Sports and NHL Network. I can get NHL Network with Multi Sport and still save money off AT 200. (I subscribe to this during hockey season, then cancel it). Versus is a different story and baffles me somewhat as other providers offer it in lower tiers. I"m hoping that with Versus getting the MLS contract that it will be put in a Latino package but we'll see. Otherwise, I miss the hockey games on Versus except the finals which I go watch with my brother on Direct SD and see how much better HD really is.
Yes. I'm in the same boat with Dos. It really is a solid package (much cheaper than 250), though you sacrifice the ESPNs and most other Disney related channels. I wish I could choose to get Versus via the Multi-Sport pack, c'est la vie. This was the first year in a long while I missed the Tour de France because I didn't have Versus (OLN).

Dish America for me. Sure there are channels I'd like to have in the higher tiers. TV is expensive & just ain't gonna pay those higher fees, I've learned to live with what I have and am content. Besides, with the internet there ain't nothing you can't watch if you really want to see it.

Scherrman has hit the nail on the head. I am surprised daily by people posting on this forum who seem to have no idea of how the real world works. Of course, I don't like to pay high prices either, but who would walk into a Mercedes dealership and expect to pay compact car prices for a top end automobile. Somehow some people seem to think that Dish should give their product away. The are some who are constantly harping about receiver fees and wondering what Dish will charge for the new xip recievers. In every other business, if you get the top of the line you pay more for it. Satellite television is no exception. The good thing is that Dish has a broad range of packages with various price points. We can buy what we want or need. Don't expect them to give it away. No one is entitled to anything when it comes to television.

Agreed.

The only real gripe here is them charging the same lease fee for owned equipment that they do for leased. Dish really should do something different there.

Just dropped Dish because they could not even give me a retention discount after being a customer for 5 years. Not sure who I'll go with now...

We long term customers subsidize the new customers. This is why so many people switch service every two years.

Well I am done with this thread. I NEVER said I wanted any giveaways or what other stupid stuff that has been said here so far by a few. I never once complained about any kind of dish receiver fees. But of course I am an A-hole for thinking out of turn.

Well I am done with this thread. I NEVER said I wanted any giveaways or what other stupid stuff that has been said here so far by a few. I never once complained about any kind of dish receiver fees. But of course I am an A-hole for thinking out of turn.
If your are an A-hole, it's because of your method (language/delivery) not your objection. Remember, it's all about the sell, not what you are selling. That's where you need improvement.

Last edited:
I will also take the dos package only if it include atleast 1 Disney channel (east or west). Don't care for espn except NBA which looks like anyway season cancel.

With one 5 year & another 2 year......atm Disney channel is a must. At200 is where I m sub with & happy. Will like science channel to be included in it if possible.

Latino Dos has Disney XD, Nick East & West, Hub, Cartoon Network & Boomerang. That's a pretty good selection for kids. My kids are OK with it.

So you both are defending high prices and rate hikes? All I ever see on those channels are the same thing repeated all the time and most of the other channels are just garbage fill. That is absolutely insane. I cringe to think of the rate hike after price freeze is over, it could possibly be the largest price hike beating all other providers.

You really don't understand how business works do you? Many of the most popular channels are in the higher tiers so that we can justify higher rates for these packages. If the AT 120 had all the channels you wanted then why would you subscribe to the AT 200 or AT 250? And before you start going off about how greedy DISH is I would like to let you know that they recently hired 150 workers in their Tulsa office and this month will be hiring about the same number for their Columbus office. Those will be American workers serving Americans. It takes money to hire workers and DISH is not just taking profit like a lot of companies.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)