Dish really has it together ... NOT

slacker9876

Professional Amatuer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 20, 2004
Spokane, WA
Like anybody wants to hear from me again. Watching my POS 622 and apparently the 129 satellite has crashed into the Pacific Ocean as both Denver CBS and FOX are dead with a "signal loss error." However, I switched to 31-1 (OTA) started to record and boom ... one OTA game on both TV's

About time something worked with this 622 to my favor ... but I would like to know WTF happened to the 129 bird.

Check the signal stength when you lose the signal. I've read 129 moves around a little bit. You may need to adjust it yourself when the signal goes off. Not likely the installer will be there when it happens. Hopefully it was just a glitch.

You guys must be mistaken. Dish never has picture problems or any problems for that matter. I know this because all the Dish people come to the Directv forum and tell us how stupid we are and the Echostar is the greatest company ever assembled. You must have done something wrong because Dish equipment is the best.

bgilga said:
You guys must be mistaken. Dish never has picture problems or any problems for that matter. I know this because all the Dish people come to the Directv forum and tell us how stupid we are and the Echostar is the greatest company ever assembled. You must have done something wrong because Dish equipment is the best.
If it were not for the R15, H10, H20 and HR20 ... I would agree. Since D* brought their equipment namufacturing in house, they are making POOP! I owned and returned all four of those receivers. The end all be all of satellite is the HR10-250 which I still have and still love. The Dish ViP211 is one of the best I've ever seen and could only be improved with real DVR functions. The ViP622 far as I can tell, is a boat anchor, however for the next 17-months and 27 days ... it is my boat anchor.

bgilga said:
If it were not for the R15, H10, H20 and HR20 ... I would agree. Since D* brought their equipment manufacturing in house, they are making POOP! I owned and returned all four of those receivers. The end all be all of satellite is the HR10-250 which I still have and still love. The Dish ViP211 is one of the best I've ever seen and could only be improved with real DVR functions. The ViP622 far as I can tell, is a boat anchor, however for the next 17-months and 27 days ... it is my boat anchor.

Oh since you are on D* and all my posts there are now censored by Scott and the MOD-Squad ... you should know, the overall PQ of Dish Network exceeds that of DirecTV on all SD channels and HD channels. Makes NO SENSE to me, especially for HD, since they both use the same HD Lite packages. Dish has more HD and that is why I am here now.

I never have any problems with my R-15. It has been working great for me. My neighbor said if I had a Tivo I would hate the R-15, but I didn't. I also have an H-20 and (knock on wood) I have not had a problem with that eiher.

A sun outage, Are you pullin my meat? I would not know, it is overcast and 48 here today. I was sunburned yesterday when it was 82, today I have a hoodie on. If that is the case (as it really could be) I guess I cannot hold E* responsible for solar flares. Well I could but that would be plain stupid. D* was fine though ....

Dish is in... Need channels-guide help

Need help on what to buy from DishStore for HD (with a bonus question)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)