dish receiver doesnt connect to satellites

hemoon

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 5, 2012
illinois
Help!!!

I have a receiver and when i plug in and wait for it to attach to 119 and 110 satellites for dish network, it keeps searching and searching without connecting. I know the satellite is in the right position, because my other receivers get signal. Is there something in the receiver that might have blown that wont allow it to receive the signal???????:confused::confused::confused: Thanks in advance, Kevin

Did another check switch, and the switch changed, to a swaj or something like that, so i did another switch test and then it said no switch was detected.

Not exactly, the current receivers i have set up are two 625 dvr's. and the receiver that im having problems with is a 4900 upgraded.

I put one of my other receivers (625) and it receives a signal, but not the 4900. the 4900 wont see a switch.

all i know is that a 3 wide cable comes from the dish, splits into about 3 or 4 ways. one cable get split through a regular splitter that you would buy at an electronics store, and the cable that comes to my 4900 receiver comes off the 3 wide cable but doesn't split anywhere, just goes into house. I did a test on other receivers and there are sat 110, sat 119, and sat 129. Dont know what the 129 is???

ok. when you run the check switch select only the three sat option and you should only run 6 out of 6 tests and come back as a sw64. One more question is where did you get the 4900? I don't know if dish even supports that receiver anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)