Dish receiver on a non interruptible power supply.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Another failure point is actually low voltage.

I had a whole bunch of stuff burn out a few years ago when the power company was putting 135 on one leg and 87 in the other.
Yep, and when voltage goes down amperage goes up....I will take a higher voltage any day(within reason)

I've got all my Hoppers, switches and EHD's on APC UPS units to assure that recordings aren't interrupted when the power goes out until I can get the generator running. Been that way for years and works great.
Does your generator charge your UPS? Mine does not, so when the power goes out for more than a half hour I have to at some point unplug my receiver from the UPS and plug it directly into generator power (thereby losing recordings for reboot).

Does your generator charge your UPS? Mine does not, so when the power goes out for more than a half hour I have to at some point unplug my receiver from the UPS and plug it directly into generator power (thereby losing recordings for reboot).

Mine charges all the APC UPS's. I had a Cyber Power UPS that wouldn't charge when the generator was running and kept clicking back and forth between line and battery. Anybody want a Cyber Power UPS cheap? :biggrin

Mine charges all the APC UPS's. I had a Cyber Power UPS that wouldn't charge when the generator was running and kept clicking back and forth between line and battery. Anybody want a Cyber Power UPS cheap? :biggrin
i have a cyberpower UPS and an APC UPS - neither charges. Maybe my generator is too crappy...

Reactions: JSheridan
I recently put my HR54 on a CyberPower UPS with "simulated sine wave". The power went out for the first time last night, and it worked like a charm. The only quirk is that the TV had a loud "HUM" sound the entire time it was on during the outage coming from the speakers. Anyone else experienced that?

Reactions: charlesrshell
According to the EE that installed my 22 KW Generac recently your UPS may need to be set to a less sensitive mode if it has issues when generator powered. Mine works fine at the most sensitive setting but your's may need adjustment. BTW I have three CyberPower 1500PFCLCD (Pure Sine Wave) and one older TrippLite without issues. On CyberPower UPS's one needs to push "Silence Alarm" and "Control" for three seconds to enter the sensitivity setup. I hope this helps!

Reactions: JSheridan
The Hopper 2, TV, and various cell service Internet equipment, laptops, etc., in our RV are all powered by an APC pure sine wave 750VA UPS when we're not connected to external power or running the onboard generator. The UPS has been modified to use the 12-volt deep discharge batteries that also power the RV's lights, water pump, etc. instead of the internal battery that was removed. The internal charging circuit has been disconnected since the coach batteries are charged by a 55 amp charger/converter when on external or generator power, and by the engine alternator while underway. Since we don't have an in-motion dish, the Hopper is not normally on while underway, but could be used to watch DVR material if desired. The front TV is within view of the driver though, so that presents some legal issues in most/all states.

Dumb question maybe. Are you plugged into a powered socket on the UPS. Mine has 2 sides. One has power the Surge protect only.

We have the devices we want powered when the utility power goes off plugged into the UPS power side and the devices we only want protected from surges when the power is on plugged into the surge only side. Seems like the right way to do it...

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts