Dish Receiver WiFi Hook Up ??

oh-crap

Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
Utah
I am/was a long time Dish NW user. 6 months ago I made the change to D-TV but did not like it, I just switched back to Dish but am in awe that there still is no WiFi hook up with the receivers. Running an ethernet cable is doable but quite a pain. I am sure I am beating a dead horse by asking this but is there an add on device I can use to make WiFi work? Will this work?.... Wireless Game Adapters
It seems like a simple thing and I cannot believe it is still not at the top of Dish Networks list of important things......

oh-crap said:
I am/was a long time Dish NW user. 6 months ago I made the change to D-TV but did not like it, I just switched back to Dish but am in awe that there still is no WiFi hook up with the receivers. Running an ethernet cable is doable but quite a pain. I am sure I am beating a dead horse by asking this but is there an add on device I can use to make WiFi work? Will this work?.... Wireless Game Adapters
It seems like a simple thing and I cannot believe it is still not at the top of Dish Networks list of important things......

They have since come out with a WI-FI adapter for their recievers which costs $25 and you can find them in the store section of My Account on Dish.com

I am using a wireless game adapter and it works just fine. In addition to the WiFi adapater that the previous poster mentioned, you could also get a Powerline Broadband Connector (you only need 1) for $30 also via the store section of Dish.com. Be sure to check that the model number of your receiver works with the one you get.

I looked at the wireless adapter in the Dish store, it seems to work with most receivers except the 211K, does anyone know if it does work with the 211K?