Dish Receiver WiFi Hook Up ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

oh-crap

Original poster
Nov 28, 2010
Utah
I am/was a long time Dish NW user. 6 months ago I made the change to D-TV but did not like it, I just switched back to Dish but am in awe that there still is no WiFi hook up with the receivers. Running an ethernet cable is doable but quite a pain. I am sure I am beating a dead horse by asking this but is there an add on device I can use to make WiFi work? Will this work?.... Wireless Game Adapters
It seems like a simple thing and I cannot believe it is still not at the top of Dish Networks list of important things......

oh-crap said:
I am/was a long time Dish NW user. 6 months ago I made the change to D-TV but did not like it, I just switched back to Dish but am in awe that there still is no WiFi hook up with the receivers. Running an ethernet cable is doable but quite a pain. I am sure I am beating a dead horse by asking this but is there an add on device I can use to make WiFi work? Will this work?.... Wireless Game Adapters
It seems like a simple thing and I cannot believe it is still not at the top of Dish Networks list of important things......

They have since come out with a WI-FI adapter for their recievers which costs $25 and you can find them in the store section of My Account on Dish.com

I am using a wireless game adapter and it works just fine. In addition to the WiFi adapater that the previous poster mentioned, you could also get a Powerline Broadband Connector (you only need 1) for $30 also via the store section of Dish.com. Be sure to check that the model number of your receiver works with the one you get.

I looked at the wireless adapter in the Dish store, it seems to work with most receivers except the 211K, does anyone know if it does work with the 211K?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)