Dish rehoming

Status
Please reply by conversation.

misterbeanca

Original poster
Oct 7, 2015
California
Any opinions on the best way to rehome a dish? I don't want to list it on Craigslist, as in my experience someone will come and take it then haul it straight off to the scrap-metal dealer. If its going to be scrapped I can do it myself, but I'd much rather give it to someone who can actually use it. Are there other forums where I should list it? Dish is a 10ft Winegard perforated, _carefully_ dismantled (I'm an engineer, and picky about these things), Von WIese actuator and all hardware, screws, nuts bolts included, but no feedhorn and LNBs (already sold). Location is Ventura county, CA.

Welcome to SatGuys!

You could always post it onto Craigslist but just don't put it up as free, put make an offer and weed out the undesirables as people contact you. Or put like $150 - $200 on it, I would think it wouldn't be worth that much for scrap and would keep the scrappers from contacting you.

If someone does contact you and after you've talked with them and you can tell that they really intend to use it, then you can always tell them that it's theirs for free, if that's your intention, to give it away.

I picked up one of my dishes like that. When I initially contacted the guy he'd told me a really high price, $500, but after I talked with him just a bit about satellite stuff, he said, all right, I know for sure you're going to use it, and he gave it to me for a much lower price.

Reactions: grampaD and fred555
Unlikely to happen. I started using C-Band in 2000 (yeah, late starter), and had all the a-la-carte channels I wanted for $4/month, with first generation quality. Then we went to 4DTV with good quality digital. Eventually I was paying for a 4DTV package of (reuplinked) channels I mostly didn't want, many of which had the quality compressed out of them, and it no longer made sense for what I want. It was (really) good while it lasted.

Thank you to everyone for their responses. Maybe I'll list it on Craigslist with an unreasonable price and see what happens.

Or list it for a reasonable price and stick to it.... $150 with the actuator is a bargain, but will keep away the scrappers!

Good Luck and glad you want to give it a good home! If you were only closer! One of the best dishes for C/KU.

Coming back to this after a long delay.
I have the dish listed on craigslist. I also found my Uniden Supra in the attic, so that is available too (for local pickup only).
I tried to post a link in the thread mentioned above, but as soon as I include a link I get a message "looks like spam or contains inappropriate elements". Not sure how to fix this.

Oh if only that dish was near me. :crying

That is a great dish. I managed to find one for free a couple of years ago, brand new in the box.
If I was closer I would definitely want it too. $150 to $200 dollars for a 10 foot Winegard in good shape is a good price, given the quality of those.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts