Dish Remote Access and Firefox 4.0

hemway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Arizona
Is anyone using Fire fox 4 to log into the 922 or 722 via 'https://dish.sling.com/'?

Using Firefox 4 I logged into (checked the remember me box) the site and after logging in, I was taken to the step one screen (enable web services) where it wants me to enter my receiver number. I've enter the number in a few times and each time, after about 30 seconds, a get a message stating "Your DISH DVR does not appear to be online." Trust me it is because I can log into the DVR using IE9.

How do I log off the site or force a log off? There is no log off option on either screen and if I close the session then go back to the site, it auto logs me in because I checked the remember me box.

What do I need to do to get logged off?

Dish Remote Access probably doesn't support Firefox 4 yet. Although it sort of surprises me that it could support IE9 since both browsers were released at about the same time.

Dish Remote Access probably doesn't support Firefox 4 yet. Although it sort of surprises me that it could support IE9 since both browsers were released at about the same time.

Got my 922 hooked up just under a week....couldnt get ie 8, or 9 working at all.....talking to tek support thet said to start with any Firefox under 4....I beleave i installed 3.16 and its working...

Just logged in DRA just fine on FF4. Though, I use dishnetwork.com's "My Account" to log in to DRA.

I've been using DRA with FF 4 on my MacBook Pro for 2 weeks now. Works just fine. In fact, it's a bit more stable on it.

That's strange. I can log in to DRA with my Macbook and Firefox 4, but when I try to play video FF4 crashes every time it tries to load the Sling plugin (even after restarting FF4 in 32-bit mode). I currently am using Safari (in 32-bit mode) for viewing DRA as described here:

Sling Media Support - Configuring Safari in Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) to work with Slingbox.com

Do you use DRA for Sling Adapter/922 viewing or just timer management, etc.?

Thank everyone, but nobody answered my question.How do I log out of DRA? When I initially logged in I checked the 'Remember me on this computer' box so now when I go to the site I'm already logged in. How do I log out? there isn't any log out option on the screen I go to?

Did what I was hoping I wouldn't have to do, deleted my Firefox history which cause me to re-login and everything now work. How I have to re-login into my other sites.

Microsoft essentially didn't change much with how extensions and add-ons work between IE8 and IE9. That's why DRA works in IE9. DISH didn't have to do anything.

Did what I was hoping I wouldn't have to do, deleted my Firefox history which cause me to re-login and everything now work. How I have to re-login into my other sites.
Sorry not to have seen this earlier.. you could have gone into Firefox and just deleted your dish cookies
(FF4 on XP) Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies .... select each of the "dish" and "sling" sites then remove ...
(Vista/7) FF Button -> Options -> Options -> Privacy -> Show Cookies ....